Why do good shows get booked on the same night?

January 29, 2008, will be a day that will live in infamy in Cleveland. For that day, two separate tours will enter the city limits -- but only one will receive my presence (maybe; I'm still deciding if I can hit both up in the same night).

Should I go to Chuck Ragan (of Hot Water Music)/Ben Nichols (of Lucero)/Josh English (of Six Going On Seven) at the Grog Shop?

Or should I go to Killswitch Engage/Every Time I Die/Dillinger Escape Plan/Parkway Drive at the House Of Blues?

There can be only one. So cast those votes!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I cared about both and could only go to one, I'd base it on the following, in order:

-How rare it is to see the particular artist(s) play locally

-How long it's been since you've seen the artist(s) (or how long it could potentially be before you can see them again)

-Show with largest number of bands you want to see on the bill

It's Chuck all the way for me, thanks for the heads up!

Guest scriptedrain
at the killswitch show there are bound to be tonnes of 12 year olds. im so sick of watching shows with 12 year olds standing beside me.

This is a really good point. I vote for Chuck.

vote well casted! my girlfriend is pissed because i wont go to alexisonfire with her next week for the exact same reason. theyre playing a new years eve show here so i may cave and bring her to that. there should be a lot less kids because its going to be pretty late and the moms wont let them stay out so late

well since I know money isnt an issue, I think the chuck show would be more fitting for you? FFor some reason I just cant see you actually liking killswitch engage at all. but for anyone who has to pay for shows, the fact that the DEP/KSE tour is $25 - 30 a night vs. $10 for chuck ragan and co. well... I think we know who wins in that department. Chuck doesn't tour much at all, let alone come to Cleveland Ohio where as DEP, KSE, ETID tour year round. My vote goes with Chuck.

I put an offer in, but I think someone else will get it, I only really have access to Garfield for these kind of shows and its only 200 capacity... I have a feeling opus will get it for either club cafe/smalls... or even desiel may get it.. its weird.. my offer to me seems kinda high? but I have no idea what chuck is usually getting and im basing it off a $10 ticket.. I think its $12 everywhere else?

oh, and I really appreciate your support scott, seriously!