Lucero

They are an awesome band. The guy that does my tattoos turned me on to them. He's a huge fan and knows the band from back even before they were together. He went to college with Roy (drums). He would always wear a Lucero shirt and has stickers all over his tattoo station. I asked him about it and he told me the story and recommended which albums...coincidently enough, they came through town some time after that and we went. One of the best shows I had been to in a long time. We ended up doing shots with Roy and Ben before they went on and needless to say, we were all drunk as skunks. I know...pics or it didn't happen...sadly, no pics taken as I didn't have my camera with me...

I saw them again earlier this month when I was in Boston to see ISIS...they played at the Middle East the night before the ISIS shows...

Good times...great band...

In the grander scope of things...no...but they have a pretty large following in the "underground" music scene...Their shows generally sell out...but then again they play relatively small places. They pretty much tour all year long.

If you get a chance, there are two documentaries on the band that are really good and well-made. "Dreaming in America" and "Bright Stars on Lonesome Nights". It gives you an idea of how they are live and also how hard they tour and the toll it takes on them at times.

Guest abravemorning
Anyone know if "Rebels, Rogues And Sworn Brothers" was released on vinyl?

Not that I am aware of.

I am 90% I saw this on vinyl at Shangri La. They're stuff is pretty easy to find in Memphis record stores. I know for sure Shangri La has "Nobody's Darlings" and the Loggia split, and Spin Street has "Attic Tapes" reissue.

I never got into them big. They remind me too much of Ryan Adams, whom I have an absolute disdain for courtesy of danalive.

Lucero are fun live, especially if you're drunk. They have some really good songs, my only problem with their albums is none of them are solid through the entire record. There's at least 3-4 weak tracks that I skip in each record, sometimes more.

Agreed. Tennessee is probably the closest to being a "skip-free" album for me.

i need to see this band live.

I was super bummed when I saw them. They were drunk beyond being able to function, so their set just fell apart about half way in. I was really disappointed.

You obviously didn't get the memo that you're supposed to get drunk when seeing them too, that way it doesn't matter if they're drunk b/c you're drunk and they sound amazing either way...

I was super bummed when I saw them. They were drunk beyond being able to function, so their set just fell apart about half way in. I was really disappointed.

You obviously didn't get the memo that you're supposed to get drunk when seeing them too, that way it doesn't matter if they're drunk b/c you're drunk and they sound amazing either way...

See also:

[image]

See also:

[image]

i really wanna see these guys drunk. at the sundowner/falcon/larry arms show, i was gonna go drunk, but i was so burnt out, i was super close to not even going.

See also:

[image]

When they came through Orange County earlier this month on their tour they played some shitty all-ages no bar type place. I had to sneak in a couple flasks of rot-gut whiskey. I kept buying Coke's at the snack bar and my friends and I kept passing a can of Coke around, I'm sure it was pretty obvious, but we got pretty drunk. I wound up heckling Brendan saying I wanted to fight him and then I insisted that everyone take off their pants (nobody did).

Moral of the story: Gotta see them drunk. ;)

Guest conoley

When I saw them for the first time on the way to the Fest is was one of the best nights ever. The day I was born was rad as well. At the Fest, Brendan was wasted the whole time, it was amazing.

I just got a confirming email that I just booked this show

anuary 28th in Pittsburgh, PA

CHUCK RAGAN (from hot water music, sideonedummy records)

BEN NICOLS (from lucero, playing accoustic set)

JOSHUA ENGLISH (from six going on seven)

7 PM

$10 Adv

$12 Day of

Garfield Artworks

4931 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh PA