VC Houston/ Boston

I know there are a lot of you here!

I'm graduating from college in June and am almost definitely going to move to one of these two places. I'm applying for jobs and looking at housing now. I'm looking for advice/ job opportunities/ general info about living there. I have friends I'd live with in both places, would i be able to get by with a 10 dollar an hour full time job?

Help me!

I have a friend in Boston who would live with me and his rich girlfriend who would kind of subsidize us living, and while we'd be technically sharing a room I figure he'd spend most of the time with her. AKA perfect for me because I'd only end up paying 350 or so for rent.

Anyone have any experience with Americorp? I'm looking into that too

boston!

i know plenty of people who get by there on close to $10/hr.

so what does $10/hr bring you home a month with a full time job, somewhere around $1000-1100?, sounds like you have at least 650 a month extra after rent...

$10 will bring you a bit more than that. i make $7.50 and i get around $1000 or more a month and i don't even work full time.

where does someone have to live to be able to live on that much near boston?

Just curious: why are you limiting yourself to those two cities? If you are just graduating, and don't have ties to any one place, why don't you apply all over the country and find somewhere that sounds interesting/fun AND can offer a good job?

Also, I've never been to either of these places, so can't offer anything constructive, sorry. Like I said, just curious.

Just curious: why are you limiting yourself to those two cities? If you are just graduating, and don't have ties to any one place, why don't you apply all over the country and find somewhere that sounds interesting/fun AND can offer a good job?

Also, I've never been to either of these places, so can't offer anything constructive, sorry. Like I said, just curious.

I am going to apply everywhere, but I have best friends in these two cities who I could live with/ I know I get along with living together. So they seemed like logical starting points.