Gaslight Leaked

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the rumor around the interwebz is that AM! leaked their new album early so that people would say new Gaslight sounds like new AM! as opposed to the other way around. who knows, the two bands have always drawn comparisons to one another.

so if I like the new AM! a lot, but never got into Gaslight.. should I check this out?

one listen through and there are songs that stand out and are great, and there are songs that are just kind of eh and forgetable. it doesn't have the same feel as 59 sound or sink or swim, at least not as an album. this feels more like just a grouping of songs thrown together rather than a cohesive album. my opinion could of course change after a few listens.

Boring, Too much focus on Fallon's voice, Which is fine in an upbeat fast paced more exciting song but the music here seems to be missing something, and his lackluster vocals really bring it down...Not too mention the fact that is is pretty obvious he is just trying oh so hard to sound like the boss.

There are a few standout tracks and I wouldn't say I hate the album, right now I'm just disappointed with it but I will most likely revisit it through the week and give the album a good chance.

Overall, I will not be buying this unless I catch myself singing along.