Blink - 182 - Self-Titled

Also, MTS/AFS should probably never do a preorder ever again. Whats so bad with waiting until the record is in the hands of the label?

its weird how its a "preorder" but they totally sell out during the "preorder" so there's never actually an "order" and you can't really have a preorder without a regular order. hm.

should i be worried i didnt get this email?

We're sorry to inform you that we have just been made aware of a delay to the release of the Blink 182 (Double Pink And White Swirl Vinyl) LP which you recently ordered. The release date has been pushed back 3-4 weeks due to production delays of all colors/copies of the LP. We apologize for the unforeseen wait this causes.

If there were other items on your order that are available immediately, you might want to cancel the Blink LP, or split the shipment of your order. Normally an order will only ship if everything is ready. If you do not want to wait for an out of stock item you may split the order. Log into your account and go to customer service. You will be given a list of the orders you have placed with us. Click on the order you would like to split. The order will be displayed and there will be a box titled "Action You Can Take." One of the actions is splitting an order. When you split an order an additional shipping fee will apply.

Thanks,

Interpunk.com

We’ve run into some pressing plant/approval issues with the release of Blink-182’s “Self-Titled” 2xLP vinyl release.

We had to switch pressing plants last minute so that we could do the vinyl colors we originally had planned on, which included getting new test pressings to approve. Those have finally been approved. We’ve been waiting on the band’s approval of the artwork layout, which we are still waiting on, but hoping to have within the next couple days. Besides that, everything is ready for production.

I’m doing my best to push the necessary approvals and production along as quickly as possible. We’ve been plagued with delays with the past couple big releases, but it’s something we’re working on to fix the problem. I am working to have these records ready to ship out by early August, or sooner, if possible. As soon as I have a shipment date from the pressing plant, I will post more information here.

If you have any concerns or questions about your order, if you need to change your shipping address, or if you’re just pissed off about the delay, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected], I’d be happy to discuss it with you. I appreciate your support, and promise you that you will have your record(s) as quickly as possible.

-http://mtsrecords.com/blog/

this is seriously such a fucking joke. two records in two weeks with basically the same cause for delay? yeah, MTS/AFS needs to seriously re-evaluate how they do buisness.

color me bummed.

no they don't sadly. As long as they keep putting out the type of heavy-hitter releases they have been doing, people (including myself, haha) will buy them, regardless of the inevitable wait. Plus, people seem to be generally pleased once they actually do get their records, and forget about the wait completely (not just with MTS/AFS; with any pre-order). So fuck it, keep it up, make me wait 6 more months.