BRAND NEW "DEVIL&GOD" 2XLP- TEST PRESSING CONTEST!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You buy records to listen to...if you're looking for investments there are a lot better places. Also, unless the gold was more than 25 dollars I don't see how you're going to lose money?

Basically, people are pissed because everyone was so excited and tried to grab every copy of the Triple Crown release. Now this release, the better one, is coming with more for people to empty there wallets. But again, anyone who really is a collector or BN vinyl listener knew this was coming.

If you feel really disenfranchised, throw yours up on Ebay. You'll make at least 100 dollars and that'll be a shame because as far as BN that's not a big turnaround. Take the money, and buy a copy or two of this release. Buy it to listen to though, because there can always be another release. This argument is like when someone pays 500 dollars for a first press and then a repress comes along. If you pay that much for a piece of vinyl, don't assume it's going to hold it's value. Simple.

PS: It's not intentional. The labels/band/pressing companies make no money when people flip buy every color and sell them. Triple Crown gets non of the 500% profit that people selling the gold are getting...AFS won't get any either. My point: if someone is willing to buy all 8 copies...that's their choice. I don't need every color. But with 5000, they'd sell them all even if they were all plain black.

when i say intentional, i don't mean to encourage flipping. i mean to con people in to buying more copies. cause like you said, people tried to snatch every copy of the first pressing, a fucking shitty pressing i might add, and now they're going to go out and buy the nicer copy. the market will be saturated with a nicer product after the shitty product is bought up. it makes perfect sense, all though it's really shitty to do to your "fans"

Okay, plain and simple. They would have sold them either way. They could come out and say, "this press is not heavyweight vinyl and doesn't sound as good as the upcoming one...but there are four colors". Guess what? People still would have bought them. I've seen a copy of Deja go for 100 dollars that was stated "this record is really scratched and does not sound good being played, the packaging is in great condition though". This is how some fans are, and it seems like the majority of BN fans are.

Also, I'm pretty sure the band would think anyone that buys 12 copies of an album is a serious van and a little absurd. I understand people wanting variations. But honestly, it's the same record. Therefore, no one has to buy all the variations. If someone bought one of the first edition, then this one came out...they'd have to buy two records if they were solely upset with the quality. But again, they could easily make back all the money on Ebay reselling it. With your gold you're in even better shape. I'd sell it, buy the new one in whatever color I am most interested in, and enjoy my better quality record and heavier wallet.

when i say intentional, i don't mean to encourage flipping. i mean to con people in to buying more copies. cause like you said, people tried to snatch every copy of the first pressing, a fucking shitty pressing i might add, and now they're going to go out and buy the nicer copy. the market will be saturated with a nicer product after the shitty product is bought up. it makes perfect sense, all though it's really shitty to do to your "fans"

Okay, plain and simple. They would have sold them either way. They could come out and say, "this press is not heavyweight vinyl and doesn't sound as good as the upcoming one...but there are four colors". Guess what? People still would have bought them. I've seen a copy of Deja go for 100 dollars that was stated "this record is really scratched and does not sound good being played, the packaging is in great condition though". This is how some fans are, and it seems like the majority of BN fans are.

Also, I'm pretty sure the band would think anyone that buys 12 copies of an album is a serious van and a little absurd. I understand people wanting variations. But honestly, it's the same record. Therefore, no one has to buy all the variations. If someone bought one of the first edition, then this one came out...they'd have to buy two records if they were solely upset with the quality. But again, they could easily make back all the money on Ebay reselling it. With your gold you're in even better shape. I'd sell it, buy the new one in whatever color I am most interested in, and enjoy my better quality record and heavier wallet.

that's probably what's going to happen. but lets be real, the gold is going to significantly drop in price now anyways just due to market saturation. and yes they would all sell if they came out at the same time or all the release info was there, but it would have saved a fan like me, who doesn't have a shitload of money and has other records he wants to buy a lot of grief becuase i would have been able to decide right then and there what i would have wanted out of the entire selection.

and on a side note, i'm pretty sure there was a mastering defect on the 2nd pressing of deja, cause my A/B sides have sounded like shit sense i took the plastic off.

Funny that people want all these albums pressed on vinyl but once any label presses a few colors and, god forbid actually makes some money people lose their shit and call the label out saying its a cash grab. They press too few copies and people bitch cause they missed out, they press too many and they bitch cause its going to cost too much to buy them all.

that's probably what's going to happen. but lets be real, the gold is going to significantly drop in price now anyways just due to market saturation. and yes they would all sell if they came out at the same time or all the release info was there, but it would have saved a fan like me, who doesn't have a shitload of money and has other records he wants to buy a lot of grief becuase i would have been able to decide right then and there what i would have wanted out of the entire selection.

and on a side note, i'm pretty sure there was a mastering defect on the 2nd pressing of deja, cause my A/B sides have sounded like shit sense i took the plastic off.

The gold may go down a little, maybe. But not if you list it soon (in the next month). Also, again, you're making money! Honestly, you didn't pay 100 dollars for it. It's going for at least that much. So, you make around 60 dollars after fees/shipping/etc. That seems like a pretty good deal. You can buy the new press and have money for other records. I honestly doubt that knowing there was a new press coming, anyone who bought the gold at the show would have passed on the chance. 'Oh man, here is a super-limited record that everyone wants and I can make serious money on...I'm going to wait til the quality version' ...no.

I'm trying to reasonable, and I know that this is a better quality press. But at worst you're making money and getting a free high quality Brand New record...this is the truth. Someone that bought one, and only a white...I feel a little bad for. But again, even they could sell there's and not take too big of a hit if they want to get the better one. In the end, the gold isn't going to be worth as much as the clear YFW...sorry for your loss. Then again, that version of YFW probably will go down too when there is a repress.

Funny that people want all these albums pressed on vinyl but once any label presses a few colors and, god forbid actually makes some money people lose their shit and call the label out saying its a cash grab. They press too few copies and people bitch cause they missed out, they press too many and they bitch cause its going to cost too much to buy them all.

+1

+1

lol.....

200 – solid black 2xLP (AFS webstore exclusive)

500 – black/blue swirl 2xLP (AFS webstore exclusive)

500 - blue/white swirl 2xLP (available at Interpunk)

500 – solid purple 2xLP (exclusive to Brand New’s webstore)

500 - Red (Band Version)

500 - Gold (Tour Exclusive)

500 - Marble (Band Version)

500 - orange/white 2xLP

800 - red/black swirl 2xLP (exclusive to Hot Topic)

1,000 – orange/black swirl 2xLP (AFS webstore exclusive)

1,500 – solid white 2xLP

3000 - White (Band Version)