BRAND NEW "DEVIL&GOD" 2XLP- TEST PRESSING CONTEST!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets face it, there SHOULD be a limit of 1 on the black copies. anything otherwise would be a pretty shitty thing to do to people who ACTUALLY WANT THE RECORD.

I think there should be a limit as well, I just hope that it's stated beforehand.

I also think black goes best with the album art, especially if the sleeves are black as well. I would have liked to see the most unappealing colors being most rare.

dumbest release in the history of records. serious cash grab all the way around. shitty release from the band way before a nicer version comes around to saturate the market. thanks for scamming everyone brand new. thanks.

Well, everyone knew this one was coming...and going to be better. No offense, but if the quality of vinyl/sound/packaging was all that was important to Brand New fans they wouldn't spend over 200 dollars for a single 7". But this has been in the cards, so it wasn't a surprise. And the people it may surprise (BN fans that bought a cheap USB table just to listen to a single bands records) probably are more worried about getting every color than quality.

Also, since you were trying to sell your gold or trade it...it would seem like you don't really have much to say here in terms of market saturation. I'm sure your gold will still be worth money because there are people out there that want it. But I don't think it's the band/labels job to make records that allow for a great (i.e. insane) resale market.

dumbest release in the history of records. serious cash grab all the way around. shitty release from the band way before a nicer version comes around to saturate the market. thanks for scamming everyone brand new. thanks.

Well, everyone knew this one was coming...and going to be better. No offense, but if the quality of vinyl/sound/packaging was all that was important to Brand New fans they wouldn't spend over 200 dollars for a single 7". But this has been in the cards, so it wasn't a surprise. And the people it may surprise (BN fans that bought a cheap USB table just to listen to a single bands records) probably are more worried about getting every color than quality.

Also, since you were trying to sell your gold or trade it...it would seem like you don't really have much to say here in terms of market saturation. I'm sure your gold will still be worth money because there are people out there that want it. But I don't think it's the band/labels job to make records that allow for a great (i.e. insane) resale market.

i had no intention of flipping my gold copy. i was possibly going to see if i could trade it or something of the sort, but i bought it with the intention of it being somewhat of an investment. the market is going to be overly saturated and i basically lost money by buying that copy.

is it anyone's fault besides my own? barely. but i'm just really pissed the way the whole thing unfolded. incredibly sloppy, with the original pre-order going up with 0 details, then saying it's the white /3000. and then just giving out all these details after....it's so stupid. and i honestly can't help but feel it's intentional.

……………………………………..________

………………………………,.-‘”……………….“~.,

………………………..,.-”……………………………..“-.,

…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,

…………………,?………………………………………………\,

………………./…………………………………………………..,}

……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}

……………/……………………………………………,:”………/

…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../

…………./__.(…..“~-,_…………………………,:`………./

………../(_….”~,_……..“~,_………………..,:`…….._/

……….{.._$;_……”=,_…….“-,_…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}

………..((…..*~_…….”=-._……“;,,./`…./”…………../

…,,,___.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../

…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”

…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\

………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__

,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,

…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\

……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\

…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__

……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“

…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\

……………………………..,< `.._|_,-&``................`\

Will buy one copy.

i had no intention of flipping my gold copy. i was possibly going to see if i could trade it or something of the sort, but i bought it with the intention of it being somewhat of an investment. the market is going to be overly saturated and i basically lost money by buying that copy.

is it anyone's fault besides my own? barely. but i'm just really pissed the way the whole thing unfolded. incredibly sloppy, with the original pre-order going up with 0 details, then saying it's the white /3000. and then just giving out all these details after....it's so stupid. and i honestly can't help but feel it's intentional.

You buy records to listen to...if you're looking for investments there are a lot better places. Also, unless the gold was more than 25 dollars I don't see how you're going to lose money?

Basically, people are pissed because everyone was so excited and tried to grab every copy of the Triple Crown release. Now this release, the better one, is coming with more for people to empty there wallets. But again, anyone who really is a collector or BN vinyl listener knew this was coming.

If you feel really disenfranchised, throw yours up on Ebay. You'll make at least 100 dollars and that'll be a shame because as far as BN that's not a big turnaround. Take the money, and buy a copy or two of this release. Buy it to listen to though, because there can always be another release. This argument is like when someone pays 500 dollars for a first press and then a repress comes along. If you pay that much for a piece of vinyl, don't assume it's going to hold it's value. Simple.

PS: It's not intentional. The labels/band/pressing companies make no money when people flip buy every color and sell them. Triple Crown gets non of the 500% profit that people selling the gold are getting...AFS won't get any either. My point: if someone is willing to buy all 8 copies...that's their choice. I don't need every color. But with 5000, they'd sell them all even if they were all plain black.

You buy records to listen to...if you're looking for investments there are a lot better places. Also, unless the gold was more than 25 dollars I don't see how you're going to lose money?

Basically, people are pissed because everyone was so excited and tried to grab every copy of the Triple Crown release. Now this release, the better one, is coming with more for people to empty there wallets. But again, anyone who really is a collector or BN vinyl listener knew this was coming.

If you feel really disenfranchised, throw yours up on Ebay. You'll make at least 100 dollars and that'll be a shame because as far as BN that's not a big turnaround. Take the money, and buy a copy or two of this release. Buy it to listen to though, because there can always be another release. This argument is like when someone pays 500 dollars for a first press and then a repress comes along. If you pay that much for a piece of vinyl, don't assume it's going to hold it's value. Simple.

PS: It's not intentional. The labels/band/pressing companies make no money when people flip buy every color and sell them. Triple Crown gets non of the 500% profit that people selling the gold are getting...AFS won't get any either. My point: if someone is willing to buy all 8 copies...that's their choice. I don't need every color. But with 5000, they'd sell them all even if they were all plain black.

when i say intentional, i don't mean to encourage flipping. i mean to con people in to buying more copies. cause like you said, people tried to snatch every copy of the first pressing, a fucking shitty pressing i might add, and now they're going to go out and buy the nicer copy. the market will be saturated with a nicer product after the shitty product is bought up. it makes perfect sense, although it's really shitty to do to your "fans"