else

document.write('+':6g4l0nkq]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Taken from the front page of the Dio site.

Message from Wendy Dio

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

When I was in high school my friend gave me rides to school, and at that time he pretty much only listened to classic rock. Something fudged up with his cd player and Dio's greatest hits ended up getting stuck in there for about 6 months. I wasn't a huge fan beforehand, and I certainly got sick of him after that, but he's always held a special place in my heart because of this and it's a good inside joke between my friend and I. I'm pretty sure he ended up selling the car with the Dio cd still in there, so I like to imagine that someone is driving around forcibly saluting Dio right now.

There's this guy that runs a local full-service carwash...greasy, stubbly, well-managed mullet. Has a mind-boggling assortment of Crue shirts. He told me once that Ronnie James Dio is, literally, Satan.

As evidence, he told me the story of when he and his friend were seeing Dio in the 80s, and the man himself did the devil horns at his friend, pointing his forefinger and pinkie at him. Instantly, his friend passed out.

The FUCKING DEVIL.

"I like Ronnie Dio, and I like Vasoline, I like the feelin' of a sharp crease in my jeans" -- Dexateens "Can You Woop It"

I wish I'd read this earlier...a dio song came on at work yesterday and all I could think was "What a Fucking Badass Dio was in his day...what ever happened to him?" ...then found this thread now...bummer

There's this guy that runs a local full-service carwash...greasy, stubbly, well-managed mullet. Has a mind-boggling assortment of Crue shirts. He told me once that Ronnie James Dio is, literally, Satan.

As evidence, he told me the story of when he and his friend were seeing Dio in the 80s, and the man himself did the devil horns at his friend, pointing his forefinger and pinkie at him. Instantly, his friend passed out.

The FUCKING DEVIL.

the Devil wouldn't die from stomach cancer