ISIS breaks up...ends...kaput...

Everything ISIS did up to Panopticon was and is still great...afterwards they started veering off their path and ended up with ITAOT...it wasn't THAT bad of an album but still nothing at all like prior releases. It was a letdown. Thankfully WR showed a glimmer of going back to their familiar style and still retaining an urge to experiment and expand their sound.

Like Oakland first mentioned, sad that they're ending but better now on a high note. I will miss them dearly.

The 10th Anniversary Tour shows at The Middle East in Boston were some of the best times I've had at a show. Glad that I was there.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only time I got to see them was at the start of the year when they played Soundwave festival here in Australia. The sideshow I saw them do with Baroness is and most likely will be for quite some time, in my top 5 shows of all time. Baroness are a great live band in their own right and have a lot of presence on stage but Isis are in their own league IMO. Will be sorely missed

glad to have seen them a few times - a couple of time in the UK and recently here in Australia. every show i saw them they were epic. they were a bit loose when Boris and Oxbow supported them, but the tunes just destroyed. i like all their recorded material but imo Celestial is the high point. by their own high standards, i would imagine ITAOT is a disappointment but i really thought they were coming back with some high potential with WR.

think its good timing. very saddening, but good now. it would shit if they released some duds and then called it quits.

I have been wallowing in this news for the last day. ISIS are easily one of my 5 favorite bands. I got tickets to both the NYC and BK shows which will be my 9th and 10th (and last) shows. can't believe it. I hope they will make good on they're word to release a final EP. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Wavering Radiant but it would be cool to have something recorded as a swan song.

This band was sooo boring when I saw them with Pelican.
god i hope that is nothing but a thick slice of sarcasm. Pelican is boring as fuck & have a terrible drummer

I never said Pelican wasn't boring either. I just enjoy Pelican's music, whereas Isis was boring in a way that seemed more self absorbed.

i was really bummed to hear this news. i wasn't sure i was going to be able to go to their show in Portland, but after hearing this i changed my work schedule. i have to see them one more time. i've only seen them once before, in 2006 with These Arms and Zombi.

i just hope this doesn't mean Celestial and Oceanic will be even harder to get on vinyl. they're already so expensive, at least what i've seen on ebay.