AMC's The Walking Dead

Guest darnyeller

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a while back when this show got confirmed i thought i saw frank darabont say it won't follow the books' story lines so everyone wouldn't know what's happening next.

i actually don't know if that's still going to be the case.

and as refreshing as an idea as it is, i hope they at least do a few major points of the books.

i want to mention a huge place in it that took place for a lot of issues that was the best plot of the entire series, but don't want to give anything away for anyone who hasn't read it yet.

a while back when this show got confirmed i thought i saw frank darabont say it won't follow the books' story lines so everyone wouldn't know what's happening next.

and as refreshing as an idea as it is, i hope they at least do a few major points of the books.

i want to mention a huge place in it that took place for a lot of issues that was the best plot of the entire series, but don't want to give anything away for anyone who hasn't read it yet.

yeah I agree, this place we cannot mention, would be the logical setting to a dramatic series, but goddman the shit that goes on...eventually...I don't think all of that will happen in a basic cable show, as to, uh...take, "the incident" out of the story would basically kill a huge part of the story after it.

yeah I agree, this place we cannot mention, would be the logical setting to a dramatic series, but goddman the shit that goes on...eventually...I don't think all of that will happen in a basic cable show, as to, uh...take, "the incident" out of the story would basically kill a huge part of the story after it.

If they did include "the incident", it probably wouldn't take place for a few seasons, but boy would that be awesome (in a dramatic sense).

spoiler alert...

i'm actually amused at how liberally the series borrowed from other pieces of zombie lore.... the intro of waking up in the hospital is straight out of 28 Days Later, the whole prison sequence is very reminscent of the mall from Dawn of the Dead.... and i don't know the actual time line on who copped who.... but the whole city with the public death sports is very similar to the city from Land of the Dead....

i'm actually amused at how liberally the series borrowed from other pieces of zombie lore.... the intro of waking up in the hospital is straight out of 28 Days Later, the whole prison sequence is very reminscent of the mall from Dawn of the Dead.... and i don't know the actual time line on who copped who.... but the whole city with the public death sports is very similar to the city from Land of the Dead....

The first issue was actually written a whole six months before anything related to 28 Days Later was released. Also I dont see the similarities between the prison and the mall. The mall in 'Dawn Of The Dead' was a reference to consumerism and "How the public views the mall as a safe haven". While the vibe between the survivors in Walking Dead about the prison is complete fear. Also the public death sport is more in vein to the gladiator fights in Rome. There are nods to zombie films throughout the series but I don't think its busting a Tarantino with the genre.

never really was a comic book fan but all this talk makes me want to buy the series.

how does the series work? is it 3 books for the whole thing?

a trade paperback for every six issues or fancy hardbacks for every twelve. i used to have the single issues but cashed them in and have hardbacks, five have been released so far. there are around 70-75 issues now i think.