WWDC - New iPhone? Trackpad? iTunes.com?

I hate screen protectors. They're not worth it IMO. The iPhone screen won't scratch unless your really try to or by freak accident. The front and the back are the same now, so they should be pretty durable. Looking at mine it seems like the Apple logo is under the glass too, so that should protect that as well.

You really do want to protect the sides though, those are the antennas and are quite important, thus the Bumper I guess.

The front and back are different glass. I hate screen protectors so much. I've never used one, of any material, that I felt was worth it.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/23/yes-you-can-certainly-scratch-the-iphone-4/

whereas the front is gorilla glass, as is this:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/29/dell-streaks-gorilla-glass-screen-torture-tested-for-your-amus/

I didn't know they were different. Thanks for the tip!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UK has apparently only been shipped 16,000 units but was promised 60,000 for launch. Fucked off. My current contract has been up for renewal for three months and i was holding out for this, beyond taking the day off and queuing for three hours it was nearly impossible to buy a new iphone in London if you wanted it attached to a contract. Been hearing there's no more stock for two or three weeks now. 02 should have done pre-orders for existing customers.

Just bought a screen protector and as I peeled the backing off I dropped it and it landed glue side down... Just threw away $20...

you paid $20 for one? you can get 3 off ebay for $1.00 (with free shipping)

luckily i'm not experiencing that problem with the reception of screen discoloration.

Just bought a screen protector and as I peeled the backing off I dropped it and it landed glue side down... Just threw away $20...

you paid $20 for one? you can get 3 off ebay for $1.00 (with free shipping)

luckily i'm not experiencing that problem with the reception of screen discoloration.

I had the same kind on my 3g and it lasted two years, so I thought I would use the same brand again.

Apparently the antenna issue is resolved by using the rubberband-esque sleeve thing Apple (and I'm sure many third party companies) are selling.

The screen issue, on the other hand, has seen conflicting reports in terms of permanence, cause, etc.

Sounds cheesy...but would anyone post pics of their iPhone4? Just for shits and giggles...

I can't right now since my camera is my iPhone for, but check this out:

http://gizmodo.com/5570100/the-iphone-4-review-by-you

User reviews and pics and just about everything you'd want.

Let me know if there's any type of pics you want to see and I'll try to take some before my hockey game tonight.

That cracked me up, seriously what a pathetic answer.

I love Apple, but I think they're going to start coming down off their pedestal soon.