SKA IS DEAD 7" of the Month Club! w/ order info!

Theres the "ska" version of the revival tour going on soon.... Vic Ruggiero, Chris Murray, and Nj's Forthrights as the backing band (who are seriously amazing btw).... its gonna be a really good time if you're down with ska & reggae. The Forthrights do some seriously amazing descendents covers.

I did not know that is what it was being billed as. More tours like this need to happen. I heard Nixx86 and enjoyed it. The problem with ska is that a lot of these bands don't hit the road enough. A lot of these bands are regional only and since most music sites and labels don't pay any attention to ska, these bands can't get their name out like the majority of punk/indie/etc bands. I'm so happy to see Flood and Justin putting this series out. Hopefully it will get some kids interested in ska music again. My band worked extremely hard at getting ska music alive again in Philadelphia and southern New Jersey and when we stopped booking local shows, the balloon popped.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last time big d came through they played a new song and i asked them about it after the show and they said it would be coming out on a split 7" this summer. i'm thinking it might be part of this?

song was very strictly-rude'ish

I don't know if it's the same song, but Big D is involved.

full line-up of the bands will be announced by Monday.

last time big d came through they played a new song and i asked them about it after the show and they said it would be coming out on a split 7" this summer. i'm thinking it might be part of this?

yep that songs definitely a part of this.

Theres the "ska" version of the revival tour going on soon.... Vic Ruggiero, Chris Murray, and Nj's Forthrights as the backing band (who are seriously amazing btw).... its gonna be a really good time if you're down with ska & reggae. The Forthrights do some seriously amazing descendents covers.

I did not know that is what it was being billed as. More tours like this need to happen. I heard Nixx86 and enjoyed it. The problem with ska is that a lot of these bands don't hit the road enough. A lot of these bands are regional only and since most music sites and labels don't pay any attention to ska, these bands can't get their name out like the majority of punk/indie/etc bands. I'm so happy to see Flood and Justin putting this series out. Hopefully it will get some kids interested in ska music again. My band worked extremely hard at getting ska music alive again in Philadelphia and southern New Jersey and when we stopped booking local shows, the balloon popped.

Unless its Less Than Jake, I never go to ska shows in NJ anymore. The ska kids around here are the most annoying fucking people ever......at least they were 5 years ago.

Will it go month by month (i.e. square dance) or will its be a subscription.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':vcslbved]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':vcslbved]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Unless its Less Than Jake, I never go to ska shows in NJ anymore. The ska kids around here are the most annoying fucking people ever......at least they were 5 years ago.

I pretty much disliked every north jersey ska band.

A few years ago the Philly scene was really thriving, you would get a few hundred kids at ska shows. Now you are lucky to see 50 kids come out to see a ska band, unless your name is Less Than Jake, Streetlight Manifesto, or Reel Big Fish.

In Atlanta, you're lucky if you get 50 people for a Less Than Jake show - even when they coheadline with the casualties.

A few years ago the Philly scene was really thriving, you would get a few hundred kids at ska shows. Now you are lucky to see 50 kids come out to see a ska band, unless your name is Less Than Jake, Streetlight Manifesto, or Reel Big Fish.

In Atlanta, you're lucky if you get 50 people for a Less Than Jake show - even when they coheadline with the casualties.

hey hey, i skipped LTJ the last couple times they came though Atlanta but when GNV came out the in store at Criminal had at least 50 people there. I also went to the show that night at Masqurade and had a good old time.

But I also have to admit i'm getting old, I live 5 minutes away from Wonderroot and skipped BTMI! a couple months back. So I dont really have a current feel for Atlanta live music.