Toy Story 3

Saw it last night in Philadelphia at the only theater I could find playing it not in 3D. I thought this one was way better than the second. It was just as funny as the first two, but had a bunch of fun new characters. Plus, shit gets INTENSE. Yes, the stuffed bear is almost exactly like the prospector, but everything else was so good that I didn't even really care. If you have any interest in seeing this, and you haven't already seen it, do so now.

So far I've seen 3 different movies in 3D and always wished I had just seen it normally because in 3D the picture looks blurry, the colors aren't as vibrant and the 3D images are kind of distracting as they mostly come off as gimmicky to me. This time I saw it normally and was very happy that I did, so I'd recommend that. It's actually bumming me out every time I watch a trailer for a new movie it's in 3D. Super lame if you ask me.

So far I've seen 3 different movies in 3D and always wished I had just seen it normally because in 3D the picture looks blurry, the colors aren't as vibrant and the 3D images are kind of distracting as they mostly come off as gimmicky to me. This time I saw it normally and was very happy that I did, so I'd recommend that. It's actually bumming me out every time I watch a trailer for a new movie it's in 3D. Super lame if you ask me.

I can't say for sure, but if by chance you've only seen movies in IMAX 3D then you might want to try digital 3D. The image is noticeably more vibrant and crisp and instead of having a lot of pop-out there is just more depth all around. However, 3D just doesn't do it for some folks! All of that said; Toy Story 3 was awesome. I was very very very surprised. I wanted to see it, but I really didn't have high expectations despite the rave reviews it's garnered (98% on Rotten Tomatoes and 9.1 on Metacritic). The movie did not lack substance on any face and it really kept me entertained the whole time. I highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys this style of movie, especially if you liked the first Toy Story.

I need to see this. I was subbing last week and on Friday they had nothing to do (last day of school) so we watched Toy Story in one class and Toy Story 2 in two others.

Re: 3D. I feel like I think it's stupid, but I haven't even attempted to see any of the recent 3D movies so I don't have anything to judge it by.

Re: 3D. I feel like I think it's stupid, but I haven't even attempted to see any of the recent 3D movies so I don't have anything to judge it by.

If by recent you mean since they stopped using red and blue lenses you're going to be blown away (or annoyed as some people really just don't like it), if you mean since 2 years ago, it's not going to be anything new. The only improvements I've noticed over the past couple years has been depth perception and clarity.

If by recent you mean since they stopped using red and blue lenses you're going to be blown away (or annoyed as some people really just don't like it), if you mean since 2 years ago, it's not going to be anything new. The only improvements I've noticed over the past couple years has been depth perception and clarity.

Oh, definitely the red/blue version of 3D. My mom has something with her one eye that doesn't allow her to see that old-school 3D so she's skeptical of the new stuff, but me, I just thought the old stuff was shitty and I'm skeptical of the new stuff because I think it's a fad or a gimmick - but again, this is just completely uninformed thinking.

But what I legitimately don't like is the idea of 3D TVs and needing those glasses to watch. Say you've got a bunch of friends over, those glasses aren't free and they don't just show up in your living room...

I can't say for sure, but if by chance you've only seen movies in IMAX 3D then you might want to try digital 3D. The image is noticeably more vibrant and crisp and instead of having a lot of pop-out there is just more depth all around. However, 3D just doesn't do it for some folks

I kind of feel like an old man saying, "This new fangled technology is for the birds!", but seriously, I'm just not into it.