Minus the Bear "Planet of Ice" final repress PO/Co

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Alright friends, last week we announced that we would be doing one final repress of "Planet of Ice" before our friends at Suicide Squeeze start pressing the vinyl as a Suicide Squeeze release. We have had one hell of a run with this release and am excited for all to enjoy this final pressing on Vinyl Collective. We are doing a pressing of 1,000 copies over 2 colors (500 of each color). The colors will be a Clear Granite (transparent granite) and with the 2nd color, I took suggestions from our site and message board. A lot of great ideas were put forth, but ultimately, we decided to go with what we are calling a clear with a purple splash. The record will look a lot like this record http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/4458997402_cbc6bf2a53.jpg , but instead of orange, it will have purple. I think both variants will look fantastic with the packaging. While we have been told that we should have the records sooner than this date, I feel more comfortable saying that the vinyl will be done by the end of July/early August.

The pre-order will commence on Thursday, July 8th. I haven't designated a time, but will rather just post it sometime in the morning. I plan to post the pre-order in a newly created Limited Pressing Vinyl Collective store. In the near future, I plan to elaborate on why I am doing the pre-order myself. I will say that Interpunk has been great, but it just makes more sense to handle the pre-order myself. I will post a link and more info on the pre-order on Thursday.

Guest Admin
Hey Virgil, do you have any samples of what the clear granite might look like? Both of these sound great!

I got a sample mailed to me, but I can't seem to find it. Imagine mixing clear and black granite; it looks smoky/grey/black and if you hold it up to the light, you can see through it. I haven't really seen any records like this, but I think they are going to look amazing.