Scott: music you hate in an inconvenient format

i still do not understand why things are still coming out on cassette tapes.

(i realize this may seem hypocritical coming from a collector of records, posting on a record collecting messageboard, but seriously. they're inconvenient, ungainly, and can you even purchase a tape player anymore?)

I like the format, always have. I grew up dubbing tapes and making at least one or two mix tapes per week. I don't know how many hours I spent making my own artwork for mix-tapes and dubbed records back when I was a kid, I loved it. I guess that's the number one reason that I have a cassette only label today, the sentimental value of it. Also, they look awesome and as far as I'm concerned the sound quality can actually be great.

Still, vinyl is no. 1 for me and if I can ever afford it, I will release something on vinyl. But right now I wanna spend my money on travelling. Releasing tapes is a fun and cheap thing to do, so why not?

I like tapes (I wanted to dub my vinyl to tapes for on the go...down with the mp3! hahaha) and I like Joan of Arc, so I guess I lose two times. :P

If I were super JOA crazy I would pick up that set, but I have a few of the albums on vinyl, which is fine by me...I can make my own box set. 8-)