Moving...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it's an option for you, but U-Haul's "small" boxes fit LPs perfectly. Plus, you can buy them in a bundle of 25, and return the ones you don't wind up using. I found it to make the whole thing a lot easier. It's what I did the last time I moved, and i'll be doing it again when I move in October.

I'm on the third floor, it fucking blew. I have a lot of laserdiscs too, and those were even heavier. I'd still rather live on the top floor though.

reasons?

i live on the third floor and had to move 15 moving boxes filled with vinyl and CDs (mostly vinyl). thankfully there was an elevator.

even though it was a bitch to move all of my music, i'd rather live on the top floor and not have to worry about hearing footsteps and shit shuffling on the floor above mine.

I like second floor apts in split houses if I had to choose. You don't hear your neighbors, you get to mooch heat a little, crime is slightly less likely, and I'm sure there's other benefits.

I think it's worth the extra effort of moving, although up and down staircases a thousand times is pretty brutal while moving.

I lived second floor on Virgil in NB, but then first floor back here in Tonawanda with my brother. I liked the upstairs - it also came with a nice upstairs porch. Porches are awesome, and I never had one til college.

reasons?

i live on the third floor and had to move 15 moving boxes filled with vinyl and CDs (mostly vinyl). thankfully there was an elevator.

even though it was a bitch to move all of my music, i'd rather live on the top floor and not have to worry about hearing footsteps and shit shuffling on the floor above mine.

i thought he was asking for a reason for having a lot of laser discs haha

I'm moving over to Connecticut just off Richmond. 1st floor. First time in a while I've had a first floor place. All the utilities are included (which is also a first for me), so I'm pretty stoked. Just really sick of my current landlord and the whole moving situation.

Also, the box situation is pretty under control because I was smart and saved all the extra boxes from all the Vega Vinyl releases. Plus, I work part time at a local grocer, so I get tons of free boxes.

This, exactly. When I first moved into my apartment, the asshole below was obsessed with Guitar Hero or Rock Band, one of the two. Sometimes he'd turn it up so loud that the glasses in my cabinets were shaking pretty bad. When I went to go tell him to turn it the fuck down, the girl below him had already been knocking for a couple of minutes and he couldn't even hear it, even though his TV setup is in the same room as the door. I had to bang on the door so hard that the door bent and you could see through the door opening when I hit it. It was bad above him, but I couldn't imagine how it was below him. People are fucking noisy, inconsiderate and everyone has different schedule then me.

i thought he was asking for a reason for having a lot of laser discs haha

Haha they're cheap! I really do have too many though, around 150.

I can see the noise aspect of it. We had some pretty shitty girls living above us for a while but they moved and we had spoke with our landlords about who they decide to pick next. My girlfriend goes to bed early and is up and out the door by 445 every morning so good sleep is a must. They picked a guy in his early 40s and he has been up there since may 1st and we havent had one single fraction of a problem. He works 16 hour days and goes to his girlfriends a lot. Perfect. I hope he stays here for as long as we do.

I'm moving over to Connecticut just off Richmond. 1st floor. First time in a while I've had a first floor place. All the utilities are included (which is also a first for me), so I'm pretty stoked. Just really sick of my current landlord and the whole moving situation.

Also, the box situation is pretty under control because I was smart and saved all the extra boxes from all the Vega Vinyl releases. Plus, I work part time at a local grocer, so I get tons of free boxes.

What part of CT? the pop punk hardcore scene is pretty good around here if you're into that.