so i saw guttermouth sunday and...

HOLY SHIT! they ripped. they are one of the first punk rock bands i was into growing up and had never seen them before. i expected maybe ten people, including myself, to be at the show. there were at least 200 people there and like i said they killed it. they played two songs total from the last four records. it was awesome. anyone else have any good nostalgia shows that surprised them?

I am legitimately blown away that this band is still together. Who knew?

Guttermouth played my first real-deal punk show outside of Warped Tour -- it was Guttermouth, Ten Foot Pole, Apocalypse Hoboken and One Hit Wonder at a skatepark in my hometown. I grabbed a girl's boobs that night. Ah, memories.

I saw Guttermouth, Ten Foot Pole, and One Hit Wonder at the Rat in Boston. I was 17, 50 people were there. Everyone spit on Mark. Probably the best show I had been to at that time, until Bigwig/Suicide Machines in 1998.

I would anything to go back to shows like that. The Mystery of what bands looked like. Buying cds at the show because no mainstream store had Kung Fu Records on their order list...seeing AFI in a Church in Cambridge MA.

Scott, you feel me on this, you must.

Oh, totally. I remember buying the Go Ahead Punk, Make My Day Nitro Records sampler that night because it's all I could afford, and being soooo stoked on the two Vandals on there. The '90s ruled. I can't imagine Guttermouth's songs (or Guttermouth themselves) have aged well, but it was definitely fun back then.

I saw Guttermouth, Ten Foot Pole, and One Hit Wonder at the Rat in Boston. I was 17, 50 people were there. Everyone spit on Mark. Probably the best show I had been to at that time, until Bigwig/Suicide Machines in 1998.

I would anything to go back to shows like that. The Mystery of what bands looked like. Buying cds at the show because no mainstream store had Kung Fu Records on their order list...seeing AFI in a Church in Cambridge MA.

I miss only knowing bands through what you read on their thank yous and whatever other shit was on the insert. Finding out about shows from whatever flyers were up at Nebwurys. Having my mom drop me off when I was like 13 at riverside to take the T to a show. Fuck I hate being old.

I miss only knowing bands through what you read on their thank yous and whatever other shit was on the insert. Finding out about shows from whatever flyers were up at Nebwurys. Having my mom drop me off when I was like 13 at riverside to take the T to a show. Fuck I hate being old.

Amen brotha. Thank you lists on NOFX, No Use, and GR records and punk o ramas, punk bites, ska sucks, punk sucks, on an on an on. Being old sucks. I told myself I dont want to listen to any mp3's or album streams of stuff that is coming out so I can relive what it was like to go to Newbury comics on a tuesday and get excited and actually listen to something new.

Musical Monkey is still one of my top 10 punk albums of all time.

Also, I paid $39.99 for The Suicide Machines' Destruction By Definition back in the day, which is why I don't bat an eye when there's a record I want at that price.

My much younger sister (12 years younger) looked at me like I had two heads when I told her I used to find bands by looking through Thank You lists and from comps.

My much younger sister (12 years younger) looked at me like I had two heads when I told her I used to find bands by looking through Thank You lists and from comps.

Those were the days, i remember doing that constantly or purely from a zine review, then tracking down the album at a record store. I used to love sifting through albums at the record stores for hours...

...with the hatch down she hops on top

Teri never ever stops...

The Deep Thoughs CD (it had a couple different names, but the CD itself said DT) on Nitro was my first introduction to Guttermouth and a lot of other great bands. I stopped listening to them when Covered With Ants came out though...everything before that I loved.

i saw this thread and was like wait. I dont remember making this - because I almost did.

I can't agree with motorbike more. I was worried going to this show that it was gonna be a we need some money so lets play a few shows and not give a fuck, but guttermouth blew me away. Along w/ the fact that there were at least 150 people and i was expecting maybe 25. I don't think guttermouth has been in atlanta since about 2003. This show was great.

Motorbike, do I know you? I was in the back in a bouncing souls shirt. what'd you think of karbomb and kid niky?

i saw this thread and was like wait. I dont remember making this - because I almost did.

I can't agree with motorbike more. I was worried going to this show that it was gonna be a we need some money so lets play a few shows and not give a fuck, but guttermouth blew me away. Along w/ the fact that there were at least 150 people and i was expecting maybe 25. I don't think guttermouth has been in atlanta since about 2003. This show was great.

Motorbike, do I know you? I was in the back in a bouncing souls shirt. what'd you think of karbomb and kid niky?

fuck ya, ATL represent! i doubt you know me.. my name is mike hunter but a shit ton of people call me trailer or motorbike. we might know each other, who knows? i have really fell out of going to shows but im trying to get back on it. you go to a good bit of local shows by chance? none of my friends are really into punk rock (art kids, ppssshh) so its hard to get people out to shows.

i dont remember the bouncing souls shirt, sorry. i was the tall dude with the tan hat and wilhelm scream baseball tee. i was up front most of the time.

as far as their records aging well.. since the show i have been blaring "friendly people", which is my favorite record of theirs, and "live from the pharmacy" non-stop.

i expected the local bands to be shit but kid niky were pretty awesome and karbomb were pretty cool, i felt like their bass player/vocalist came off kind of like he was full of himself.

yeah. i remember seeing your shirt but that's about it. I go to 2-4 shows a week. should be at the loose skrews/vaginas show right now but my hockey game ran late and i didn't feel like going for 1 band. Going to see the wild tomorrow night.

All those locals are friends of mine. I missed Kid Niky's set. That's like their 2nd show as Kid Niky - they used to be Wavepool and moved some members around. They played my old radio show last july. karbomb are some of my friends from an old hardcore scene in athens. The drummer actually does the lead vocals and the bass player whos kinda full of himself is Jay from Guff.

Anyways hit me up for shows. Next week I'll be going to Campaign and The Letters Organize most likey.

I just saw the Ataris in SF at a bar Probably 100-150 people there, sounded really good and played almost only old stuff plus Kiss the Bottle and Alex Chilton covers.

I saw them in April. There were maybe 40 people at the show. Definitely nostalgic. Played a bunch of old stuff and few new songs along w/ a couple misfits covers and a jawbreaker cover. Not bad, but Kris definitely has a rock star attitude thats kind of annoying. that was when I asked them about that 7" that was supposed to come out on P+P in like May and still hasn't come out