Scott Pilgrim vs. the World red vinyl

The release date I saw was 8/10

http://www.recordstoreday.com/NewsItem/2130

i was wondering if it had got pushed back, but then i found it today at rasputins.

it wasn't on amazon when i looked the other day. i'll have to look again.

i think they're all red vinyl...no idea how 'limited' it is...i wouldn't think less than 1000.

i wonder if the amazon one is a 2nd press that is not exclusive...maybe just black? the release date is 8/24 and the red excl was 8/10.

i wonder if this is one of those rushed jobs where they put the vinyl in the jackets before it completely cooled off. i've heard that is becoming more common.

still not sure if i should bother returning the 2nd one. it plays but warp irri...taa...ting. it's just not right to get a damn warped record right out of the box that isn't even from crappy shipping (at least directly to me). heh. the jackets on both looked perfectly fine too.

so the amazon version has been pulled. i talked to a guy at a store. said he ordered 10 copies, only got one. apparently there was a pressing problem (warping) and most copies won't see the light of day. the copies everyone got that are warped are probably "less warped". maybe there'll be a repress?

• 2 weeks later...
Gohastings.com has it. $16.99. I bought three copies cause i knew friends who would dig it. They were all shipped separately. One came as a cd, the other shipped in a BAG! (all corners bent beyond repair. The last one came taped between two pieces of cardboard cut from a box. Crazy.

I work at Hastings and orders from online usually go out to stores. They usually just use whats available as we don't have vinyl shipping boxes. I would be careful about ordering vinyl from the website.