your experiences with RUN FOR COVER

had I known he was on tour with Fireworks I would have gone to the Chicago show a few weeks ago, found him and lectured him on how he's a irresponsible asshat and shouldn't be fucking around with peoples money like this.

You absolutely would not have done this.

best post itt

Is it just me or is VC turning into the alternative rock equivalent of TMZ?

had I known he was on tour with Fireworks I would have gone to the Chicago show a few weeks ago, found him and lectured him on how he's a irresponsible asshat and shouldn't be fucking around with peoples money like this.

Scott, you barely know me, yet know how I would react in any situation... I find that odd.

additionally no one is denying how hard it is to run a label with little or no help. most of the labels participating on this board are run in this manner. My point is there's never been a thread about my label mishandling a release(the closest was when the Capital Homefront LP got trapped in limbo from the vinyl shortage a few years ago), nor ever one for Solidarity, Animal Style, I Hate Punk Rock, Init, Tor Johnson, Dreamover, Fat Sandwich, Forge Again, Team Science, Shouting Street, Salinas and any of the other smaller labels that aren't immediately jumping to mind.

Finally heard from Jeff yesterday. The pre-order, that I ordered on July 22 and was RELEASED ON AUGUSTA17th, won't be ready for another two weeks. I've played in bands and helped run labels before, and it's tough to get everything out when it's suppose to. But this is just lazy. Haha. I would have like to know about this delay wayyyy before now. And to think of all the people who ordered and didn't email him. Tisk Tisk.

Scott, you barely know me, yet know how I would react in any situation... I find that odd.

Not any situation, just that one—you'd have to walk up to what would essentially be a complete stranger and say "HEY BUDDY, YOU SUCK AT RUNNING YOUR BUSINESS, AND LET ME TELL YOU WHY." It takes a special breed of person to be that enormous of an asshole, and I just don't think you have it in you.

Not any situation, just that one—you'd have to walk up to what would essentially be a complete stranger and say "HEY BUDDY, YOU SUCK AT RUNNING YOUR BUSINESS, AND LET ME TELL YOU WHY." It takes a special breed of person to be that enormous of an asshole, and I just don't think you have it in you.

i must be that asshole because i've done this with show promoters.

1. you don't lie to the people that buy a product you put out

2. you don't hold back information that may hinder sales because you need to fun another record.

3. this thing they call email....its pretty easy to you. i think you have one no?

4. mail order isn't hard. anyone who say's it's hard, needs to go back to the 3rd grade so they can show you again how to fill out a envelope put some stamps on it and go to the post office. it's not fucking rocket science.

5. (last but not least) don't ever use the excuse that in 3 months you send out XXXX many records and people's emails & orders get lost in the mix because of work and school and other shit.

i'm only saying this to help you. people will see that this is going on and not want to deal with you. which in turn fans will talk about you to the bands you have on the RFC roster. and who wants to deal with someone who can't run a simple mail order.

*****.fly me to you. i'll show you how it's done. i've learned from a man who did mail order before the fucking internet was going down. and he managed just fine and grossed a million like it was nothing.

once again this kind of nonsense ruins any kind of scene or community. maybe that doesn't mean anything to you but it sure as hell means something to me. as a consumer and as a fan of independent music.

and this is just a suggestion.....but to the people buying these record...find these bands on tour or contact them and try to buy from them. let them know you want the record you just can't seem to get it from the label it's on!

I met Jeff on warped tour this year. Talk to him for a half hour or so about booking most of his label's bands in Buffalo, and collecting many of the records he's put out. He sounded really enthusiastic. Even mentioned selling me a Test Press. Had my heart skipping for a week. Emailed him 2 or 3 times about it but never heard back.

That's my only beef with Jeff. Seems like a nice dude. He's only a year older then me and his label is MUCH more successful then my own. I've bought most of my RFC stuff off the bands directly. The 2 or 3 times I've ordered from him to get the rare variants, I've had no problems. The Wonder Years LPs look good and came in a reasonable time frame. The Fireworks LPs look great, vinyl exclusive track, nice heavy gate fold jackets.

I'm also waiting on my Transit pre-order and Man Overboard pre-order (ordered together). It's only 2 weeks over due. With Converge, Blink 182 -S/T, Brand New, it's been a rough year for pre-orders. As pathetic as it is to say this, 2 weeks delay doesn't even seem to phase me anymore.

i must be that asshole because i've done this with show promoters.

1. you don't lie to the people that buy a product you put out

2. you don't hold back information that may hinder sales because you need to fun another record.

3. this thing they call email....its pretty easy to you. i think you have one no?

4. mail order isn't hard. anyone who say's it's hard, needs to go back to the 3rd grade so they can show you again how to fill out a envelope put some stamps on it and go to the post office. it's not fucking rocket science.

5. (last but not least) don't ever use the excuse that in 3 months you send out XXXX many records and people's emails & orders get lost in the mix because of work and school and other shit.

i'm only saying this to help you. people will see that this is going on and not want to deal with you. which in turn fans will talk about you to the bands you have on the RFC roster. and who wants to deal with someone who can't run a simple mail order.

*****.fly me to you. i'll show you how it's done. i've learned from a man who did mail order before the fucking internet was going down. and he managed just fine and grossed a million like it was nothing.

once again this kind of nonsense ruins any kind of scene or community. maybe that doesn't mean anything to you but it sure as hell means something to me. as a consumer and as a fan of independent music.

and this is just a suggestion.....but to the people buying these record...find these bands on tour or contact them and try to buy from them. let them know you want the record you just can't seem to get it from the label it's on!

This isn't true. This thread was started by someone who had an issue with an order from our old store that had a million technical problems. The same can be said for almost everyone else posting a problem in this thread. I do mailorder for hours everyday. We have nearly zero processing orders. Yes, I understand we used to have a lot of issues and be really disorganized, but it simply isn't the case anymore. Sometimes it can be tough to manage time between fixing orders for people who got warped records, were missing an item, etc, on top of doing new orders, and sometimes I can get a week or 2 behind which clearly isn't the end of the world. I haven't made one excuse in this thread, I don't work...this is my job, and I haven't said anything about school. There's a lot of assumptions being made in this thread from people who have never ordered from RFC, just assuming that we get orders and don't send them out because of a few people from a year ago with problems, which couldn't be more from the truth. If you order from us, you will get it.

Here is a screen capture of our Orders panel in Zen Cart.

[image]

70 processing orders that are a combination of new orders and ones I need to catch up on from August that will be done by the end of the day. 6 pending orders that are waiting on e-checks to clear....Every single one of those shipped orders has a tracking number. Sure, sometimes things can take a little longer than everyone would like them to, but you're making it sound much different than it is.

Hostage Calm covers were printed incorrectly, and Man Overboard inner sleeves were destroyed in transit which is why some of these pre-orders took a little time. Those are completely normal, albeit unlucky things to happen, but I did my best to send emails out, update our site, and generally let people know what was going on. My main focus currently is to completely eliminate pre-order time, or make it about a week long. Tigers Jaw - Two Worlds and Memorial LP pre-orders will be the first to experience this.

On top of this we are getting a great office in a month with a great, dedicated dude helping out as our first real intern, so I really hope to get things going perfectly, and I really mean perfectly by the end of the year. I have complete confidence it will be done. Getting this whole operation out of my bedroom will open up a lot of opportunities.

If you have any questions, please let me know. You'll get a quick response.

[email protected]

I had problems with RFC in the past and Jeff was delayed or absent in response. I only had one order issue that he didnt eventually fix.

BUT

My recent orders have gone without problem and i get regular email updates on my orders. I would say that he has really made strides in fixing past problems. His update emails are awesome. His response to specific emails still lacks but no one is perfect. Currently im waiting on the Transit LP order #1554. My Hostage Calm and Man Overboard lp's arrived as my update emails said they would. When my fireworks lp covers came all broken up Jeff sent out replacements. The only issue that never got fixed and i got alot of those "i am going to send it out" emails was my Title Fight "the last thing you forget" PO.

So thats my total exp. with RFCR. Jeff i would suggest that you or whoever packs your orders pay more attention my was hardly secured and one of the Man Overboard covers was banged up. if the boxes are not sceure or packed right during shipping they slide around and get damaged. Also alternating the direction of the records keeps the spines of covers from cracking so easy. Other than that RFCr has def stepped it up IMO

I had problems with RFC in the past and Jeff was delayed or absent in response. I only had one order issue that he didnt eventually fix.

BUT

My recent orders have gone without problem and i get regular email updates on my orders. I would say that he has really made strides in fixing past problems. His update emails are awesome. His response to specific emails still lacks but no one is perfect. Currently im waiting on the Transit LP order #1554. My Hostage Calm and Man Overboard lp's arrived as my update emails said they would. When my fireworks lp covers came all broken up Jeff sent out replacements. The only issue that never got fixed and i got alot of those "i am going to send it out" emails was my Title Fight "the last thing you forget" PO.

So thats my total exp. with RFCR. Jeff i would suggest that you or whoever packs your orders pay more attention my was hardly secured and one of the Man Overboard covers was banged up. if the boxes are not sceure or packed right during shipping they slide around and get damaged. Also alternating the direction of the records keeps the spines of covers from cracking so easy. Other than that RFCr has def stepped it up IMO

Thanks for the advice and nice words. There are definitely steps to be made but things have improved greatly and I appreciate you noticing.

PLEASE shoot me an email about the Title Fight pre-order and I will get it out to you. These were from our old store which was ridden with technical problems and deleted orders.

I met Jeff on warped tour this year. Talk to him for a half hour or so about booking most of his label's bands in Buffalo, and collecting many of the records he's put out. He sounded really enthusiastic. Even mentioned selling me a Test Press. Had my heart skipping for a week. Emailed him 2 or 3 times about it but never heard back.

I had a similar thing happen as well. Never heard back from him about a test press. I was pretty bummed out about it. Other than that though I've never had any problem at all with Jeff.

It was!

Just got my order and it wasn't!

Hmm I might be getting my australian's confused. What's your name? Just email me, it's impossible to keep usernames on messageboards straight with who you are in real life without giving me any info. I'll send the 7"out tonight, its packaged up and sitting next to me!

It was!

Just got my order and it wasn't!

Figured out who you are! I was thinking of something completely different, and I assumed you were talking about The Last Thing You Forget 7" we put out, and not Kingston. I won't have more copies of kingston for a while, so I refunded you for the 7". Sorry for the confusion.

I've never had problems. It took me like 2 weeks to get my order, but that's no sweat.

Also, Can't Slow Down.. take it easy on the exclamation marks. I assume you haven't seen the episode of Seinfield addressing these unnecessary marks.

If it comes to Seinfeld, I am with Donny Mutt´s opinion. He did a diss page in his old fanzine Cut The Tension. At least Kraemer is a neurotic asshole ;-).....I don´t watch that shit! lol

Back to topic: Yeah I will give Jeff another chance but when I was writin this down I was def. in an angry mood!