your experiences with RUN FOR COVER

Damn I didnt expect 25 replies on my thread. I really think he is a good dude but he under rated the things he has to overlook as a 23 years old guy with such a "big" label. I mean it is more than talking about pre orders and talking to label "fans" on Facebook! I already emailed Paypal! Maybe I can get my money back! Maybe I will even print these replies ;-)

offtopic: Julie, I got your record. Thank you so much. If you need a special European press of any record, let me know!

Man, I'm sick of hearing about how shitty this label is, and then the guy who runs it pops in and cries about how he's in school/works or whatever and has no time i.e. I should stop running a god damn label, and everyone supports him and ignores how he's blatantly lied to people in emails by claiming he's sent records out upwards of 3 times and they 'keep getting lost' but he's such a great guy that he'll send another copy. Stop ordering from this label, and if you do order, stop expecting people to pity you when your stuff doesn't show up.

Also, are the bands the put out records on this label clueless or do they just not give a shit about people who want to order their stuff?

my only real complaint is was how terribly packaged (not shipping packaged, like actual record it's self) the Tigers Jaw acoustic 7"s are. for someone who runs a legit label to have a release with blank labels and photo copied jackets is kinda disappointing since it wasn't like the record was $2.

THIS, THIS & THIS!

I was kind of bummed to get the first one and see that it was photocopied. I mean, I have no problem with photocopied jackets for a punk 7", but at $5 a shot and then to have the 7" have blank labels, come on, can we talk cash grab. I've never put out a record, but I know that wasn't a $5 record, before shipping. Also wasn't super impressed with the audio for the release. I haven't had a chance to listen to #2 yet, so maybe it improved. Not sure if that's the band or the label, guess I was expecting something a little different though.

the harsh reality needs to fucking kick in with this dude.

If he can't stay on top of his mailorder, he needs to do one of the following:

1.farm it out to a bigger distro

2.shut his store off when he goes on tour

3.hire someone reliable to run it while he's gone

4.stop running a label altogether.

I'm sick and tired of people complaining about this label and the very good chance that if you do place an order, you will not get it.

It bums me out for so many reasons that I'm getting so angry just thinking about, I can't even type anymore. There's a few of his records I would like to order but I refuse to gamble with this guy...had I known he was on tour with Fireworks I would have gone to the Chicago show a few weeks ago, found him and lectured him on how he's a irresponsible asshat and shouldn't be fucking around with peoples money like this.

when I calm down later I'll try to put together a rational response.

i usually keep to myself, but i back this 100%! well said, totally rational!

1.farm it out to a bigger distro

2.shut his store off when he goes on tour

3.hire someone reliable to run it while he's gone

4.stop running a label altogether.

I'm sick and tired of people complaining about this label and the very good chance that if you do place an order, you will not get it.

It bums me out for so many reasons that I'm getting so angry just thinking about, I can't even type anymore. There's a few of his records I would like to order but I refuse to gamble with this guy...had I known he was on tour with Fireworks I would have gone to the Chicago show a few weeks ago, found him and lectured him on how he's a irresponsible asshat and shouldn't be fucking around with peoples money like this.

when I calm down later I'll try to put together a rational response.

i usually keep to myself, but i back this 100%! well said, totally rational!

i've posted about this guy before. justin hit this shit right on the head. i would go with choice # 4. but thats just me!

my only real complaint is was how terribly packaged (not shipping packaged, like actual record it's self) the Tigers Jaw acoustic 7"s are. for someone who runs a legit label to have a release with blank labels and photo copied jackets is kinda disappointing since it wasn't like the record was $2.

THIS, THIS & THIS!

I was kind of bummed to get the first one and see that it was photocopied. I mean, I have no problem with photocopied jackets for a punk 7", but at $5 a shot and then to have the 7" have blank labels, come on, can we talk cash grab. I've never put out a record, but I know that wasn't a $5 record, before shipping. Also wasn't super impressed with the audio for the release. I haven't had a chance to listen to #2 yet, so maybe it improved. Not sure if that's the band or the label, guess I was expecting something a little different though.

i didnt want to say this but i feel the releases are a bit on the cheap side. one sided inserts & the "jacket" for the hostage calm album are 2 things that come to mind for me. maybe im spoiled by some other labels.

Man, I'm sick of hearing about how shitty this label is, and then the guy who runs it pops in and cries about how he's in school/works or whatever and has no time i.e. I should stop running a god damn label, and everyone supports him and ignores how he's blatantly lied to people in emails by claiming he's sent records out upwards of 3 times and they 'keep getting lost' but he's such a great guy that he'll send another copy. Stop ordering from this label, and if you do order, stop expecting people to pity you when your stuff doesn't show up.

Also, are the bands the put out records on this label clueless or do they just not give a shit about people who want to order their stuff?

I second that! I would rather buy my missing Title Fight presses for a higher price on Ebay or over someone else!

I put in an order for the Man Overboard and Hostage Calm albums - the foldover sleeve to the latter is probably the least impressive I've seen in a long time.

But more importantly for a buyer outside of the US - the total items value on the package was marked way higher than what they cost me. That would be pretty serious business in extra fees if the customs had snatched it and billed me. Not cool.

Although I have seen a lot of people post problems with ordering stuff from rfc. I've ordered from them about 5 or 6 times now. I've always gotten my stuff relatively fast (still waiting on the transit pre-orders but thats no big deal). He's even given me a free record before, I'm just throwing that out there to say not everyone who orders from him has problems with their orders. But I can understand why other people would be pissed about waiting months and months for stuff that is in stock and not pre-orders and never getting them.

PEOPLE, LISTEN....

Here is a chance to give him a lesson. I just talked to the Paypal customer service. They can not help me to get back my money in a regular way and denouncing him makes no sense especially because I don´t like cops at all but it doesn´t mean that they will ignore your complaints! If there are enough complaints he might be banned as a Paypal user and he will get some serious trouble! I really do not care if my favourite bands are on his label. This isn´t the way to deal with people who really support a label!

Do me the favor and write a complaint to Paypal if you paid your order via Paypal!!!!!!!!!!

I put in an order for the Man Overboard and Hostage Calm albums - the foldover sleeve to the latter is probably the least impressive I've seen in a long time.

But more importantly for a buyer outside of the US - the total items value on the package was marked way higher than what they cost me. That would be pretty serious business in extra fees if the customs had snatched it and billed me. Not cool.

Hostage Calm asked for the covers to be that way. To the people saying its low budget or whatever, the record came in a black and white printed dust sleeve, and had 4 panels of full color print. It really wasn't any cheaper than other standard LP packaging. If you don't like it, that's a different story, but we weren't cutting any corners on packaging.

Regarding the customs thing, that shouldn't have happened. I am glad you didn't get billed for it, if you did, I would have paid it.

Noted.

I reaaaaally don't want to waste time arguing about this, but all I have to say is this: I am assuming everything you know about my label is from this messageboard. We get people on a regular basis emailing us telling us how FAST they got their order. I've even heard that someone has gotten orders from faster than anywhere else they've ordered from. Sometimes I ship 100 packages a day for a week straight, do you think all those people aren't getting their orders? For the most part the people posting in these threads are the few people who are having problems. Yes, there has been somewhat consistent problems from people on this board, which sucks, but you're only hearing the negative, and you have to assume since we're dealing with vinyl, there's a pretty decent chance someone ordering from us knows about, or posts on this board. In this thread there has been almost 50/50 feedback from people who have actually ordered from us. People on this board LOVE this shit, and love talking about it and love calling people out, even when they have no experience with the company. It's a fact. Clearly our mailorder isn't perfect, but generally stuff gets sent out in a timely manner, and there's no issue. I've sent out 1647 orders in the last 3 months, and I can assure you only a small percentage of them had problems. Hopefully in the near future we can have ZERO problems, and when one does pop up, have it fixed within the day. That's what I am aiming for at least and with the amount of time I put into this label, and the amount of progress we have already made with mailorder, I see this happening. Again, I am not trying to argue with you, I understand why you're frustrated (even if you haven't ordered from us) and agree that our mailorder should be perfect. No excuses, it should be.

Just went a week back into emails, replied to everyone, and packaged your orders. Will be doing the same the rest of the night. If you wanna make sure I got your email, send me another one ([email protected]). From here on out any order inquiry will get a response same day for the rest of time.

Man, I'm sick of hearing about how shitty this label is, and then the guy who runs it pops in and cries about how he's in school/works or whatever and has no time i.e. I should stop running a god damn label, and everyone supports him and ignores how he's blatantly lied to people in emails by claiming he's sent records out upwards of 3 times and they 'keep getting lost' but he's such a great guy that he'll send another copy.

[image]

i wanna intern for you for 3 months and see all these orders. and then i wanna train you and whoever else you have working for you how to do mail order. i've been doing it for asian man records for the past 3 yrs. and nothing, NOTHING happens like this. we're a 3 people operation. so here's the deal, you buy my plane ticket, and i'll show you how things get done. i just don't like hearing about all this shit. all these small labels should be working together to make a community stronger. when people are waiting a yr or more for records that is unacceptable. no if's and's or but's about it. now i've done mail order so i know it's easy to fuck things up, i also know it doesn't take long to reply to emails or check to see if an order is sent. but i can tell you right now, that if i fucked up as half as bad as i've seen complaints on this board about your label, mike would have fired my ass yrs ago.

so you know....get this shit fixed and get the records that the bands on ur label recorded and you put out in to the peoples hands you sold them too.

have a great day!

wayne

i wanna intern for you for 3 months and see all these orders. and then i wanna train you and whoever else you have working for you how to do mail order. i've been doing it for asian man records for the past 3 yrs. and nothing, NOTHING happens like this. we're a 3 people operation. so here's the deal, you buy my plane ticket, and i'll show you how things get done. i just don't like hearing about all this shit. all these small labels should be working together to make a community stronger. when people are waiting a yr or more for records that is unacceptable. no if's and's or but's about it. now i've done mail order so i know it's easy to fuck things up, i also know it doesn't take long to reply to emails or check to see if an order is sent. but i can tell you right now, that if i fucked up as half as bad as i've seen complaints on this board about your label, mike would have fired my ass yrs ago.

so you know....get this shit fixed and get the records that the bands on ur label recorded and you put out in to the peoples hands you sold them too.

have a great day!

wayne

I would say this too, but I have a day job...so in addition to that 50 or so hours a week still I find the time to mail my releases out to people in a timely manner.

I reaaaaally don't want to waste time arguing about this, but all I have to say is this: I am assuming everything you know about my label is from this messageboard. We get people on a regular basis emailing us telling us how FAST they got their order. I've even heard that someone has gotten orders from faster than anywhere else they've ordered from. Sometimes I ship 100 packages a day for a week straight, do you think all those people aren't getting their orders? For the most part the people posting in these threads are the few people who are having problems. Yes, there has been somewhat consistent problems from people on this board, which sucks, but you're only hearing the negative, and you have to assume since we're dealing with vinyl, there's a pretty decent chance someone ordering from us knows about, or posts on this board. In this thread there has been almost 50/50 feedback from people who have actually ordered from us. People on this board LOVE this shit, and love talking about it and love calling people out, even when they have no experience with the company. It's a fact. Clearly our mailorder isn't perfect, but generally stuff gets sent out in a timely manner, and there's no issue. I've sent out 1647 orders in the last 3 months, and I can assure you only a small percentage of them had problems. Hopefully in the near future we can have ZERO problems, and when one does pop up, have it fixed within the day. That's what I am aiming for at least and with the amount of time I put into this label, and the amount of progress we have already made with mailorder, I see this happening. Again, I am not trying to argue with you, I understand why you're frustrated (even if you haven't ordered from us) and agree that our mailorder should be perfect. No excuses, it should be.

Just went a week back into emails, replied to everyone, and packaged your orders. Will be doing the same the rest of the night. If you wanna make sure I got your email, send me another one ([email protected]). From here on out any order inquiry will get a response same day for the rest of time.

I'm not some anonymous asshole talking shit, I'm someone who understands the stress you're constantly under because I too run a label, but also I take fucking responsibility in not playing games with peoples money. With the exception of the Ska is Dead 7" series, which is a discussion for another day/thread, I don't do pre-orders without releases in hand, to avoid answering 150 emails asking where their pre-order is. Yes it sucks because I have to pay out of pocket for a lot of pocket for most of my releases, but I have the peace of mind that I'm not stringing people along for months on end...which is something you really need to consider.

While I agree the people that post on this board can sometimes be a little trigger happy and unreasonable on complaining about things like this, that doesn't change the fact that there a lot of your customers are on this board who have horror stories about your mail order process. Yes, there are a lot of people vouching that things go right and smooth all the time so I'm not only basing this on the negative remarks...and also...I do talk to people off the internet and I have not heard people bring up RFC's name when talking about labels with piss poor mail order quality. But the positive things people say do not change the fact that a cross section of your customer base posts here and a lot of those people have have bad experiences to which you don't really seem to care much about correcting and chalk most of it up to those people are complaining for the sake of complaining.

So because of the general consensus of people who's opinion I generally trust, I will not risk ordering anything from your label from you directly. Take some fucking ownership and be responsible and fix the problems.

All these threads on various message boards(over and over and over) and friends, who don't sit around on the internet, have always kept me from the frustration of ordering from RFC. I also do mailorder so I can appreciate the stress it causes when there's also work/school but there seems to be a line crossed. Everyone else has already suggested ways to fix the problems and he is aware there are problems to be fixed. Hopefully it actually happens this time.

With that said I hope there are no more problems by the time the new GDP gets released.

OK i haven't read this all through..but I was told from our distro that I would have the Man Overboard and the Hostage Calm mailed out to me tomorrow or Tuesday the latest. When I have a ship confirmation from them and know when its arriving I will let you all know so you can order from us if you need. If you are waiting for it from us, it will be here soon :)