Jimmy Eat World - Invented + free 7"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest markovianprocess
guess the supplies are out because that 7" promo isn't on there anymore, at least it wasn't when i looked just now

It has probably went really quickly, because I'm pretty sure that they posted this on their Facebook account.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my copy of this from Interpunk today. My thoughts:

1. The gatefold packaging is kind of flimsy

2. The record comes in a printed sleeve which was all torn to shit

3. Speakng of the printed sleeve, the lyrics are printed upside-down on it. Does no one actually check this stuff before it goes to press?

4. The LP itself looks super scuffed up right out of the box. I'll play it tonight and hope none of the scratches affect play, but I'm pretty bummed.

Oh, and the bonus 7-inch packaging looks like a shitty Xerox job or something. I can barely read the text on the back of it.

3. Speakng of the printed sleeve, the lyrics are printed upside-down on it. Does no one actually check this stuff before it goes to press?

4. The LP itself looks super scuffed up right out of the box. I'll play it tonight and hope none of the scratches affect play, but I'm pretty bummed.

Oh, and the bonus 7-inch packaging looks like a shitty Xerox job or something. I can barely read the text on the back of it.

5. the album itself isnt very good.

That sounds bad enough to e-mail their customer service and ask for your money back or a new version of the record.

Well that made me not look forward to getting this in the next few days....

mine wasn't really scuffed up but it looks like someone dragged their fingers from the center label to the edge of the record. reminds me of a bloody hand print in a scary movie.

mine wasn't really scuffed up but it looks like someone dragged their fingers from the center label to the edge of the record. reminds me of a bloody hand print in a scary movie.

That is EXACTLY what mine looks like, too -- and it's on both sides!

That is EXACTLY what mine looks like, too -- and it's on both sides!

Mine also has the hand print... Only on one side, but I still hate it.

Not only do I have the same handprints on my copy, but I cannot for the life of me get their download page to display any actual download links. All I get is this:

"DOWNLOAD

Downloads available below

Download 1

Download 2"

None of them are links. Anyone else have this issue, or did everyone grab it when it leaked last week?