Ever have a no delivery on an order?

dstrange

Has anyone ever have a record order NOT arrive? How was it handled with the distro/label?

My relapse order (High on Fire : Blessed Black Wings & Death is The Communion represses) shipped on July 2nd and it's safe to bet now that it won't arrive. I contacted relapse and pretty much they are holding ground that they did their part which was shipped the order but they couldn't provide me a tracking number or anything. If the package gets returned to relapse they will re-ship it to me otherwise they mentioned I could re-buy the albums at cost.....

Nice but it still leaves me spending twice the amount for 2 records I want. In 10 years of buying records I've never had an error with any store or distro but my friends have and usually the store/distro would just re-send them the records after a period of time. I was surprised a label like Relapse wouldn't honor the same deal.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Relapse kind of got me with the new Baroness 7". They sent it warped then tried to tell me the whole pressing was warped. Then said I could send it back but if they tested it and it played properly they'd send the same record back at my expense. Not exactly sure I trust them to tell me if the record actually played properly or not.

Has anyone ever have a record order NOT arrive? How was it handled with the distro/label?

My relapse order (High on Fire : Blessed Black Wings & Death is The Communion represses) shipped on July 2nd and it's safe to bet now that it won't arrive. I contacted relapse and pretty much they are holding ground that they did their part which was shipped the order but they couldn't provide me a tracking number or anything. If the package gets returned to relapse they will re-ship it to me otherwise they mentioned I could re-buy the albums at cost.....

Nice but it still leaves me spending twice the amount for 2 records I want. In 10 years of buying records I've never had an error with any store or distro but my friends have and usually the store/distro would just re-send them the records after a period of time. I was surprised a label like Relapse wouldn't honor the same deal.

I know with USPS packages in the USA its only like 20 cents to include a "Delivery Confirmation"/ tracking number, even with media mail, for anyone who has a USPS corporate account (We use endicia). So we always include it for US packages and if anything ever goes missing in the USA, we are able to track it and so is the customer. So if it is a package within the USA I don't see why it wouldn't just be tracked? I do know that if it is an international package tracking is a lot more difficult and expensive.

Ordered one of the Bouncing Souls singles from Chunksaah last year. After a few weeks it hadn't shown up and Zak had no problem sending me another. Of course I told him if the 2nd one showed up I'd send it back, but it still hasn't...

Yeah I've dealt with Chunksaah and SideOneDummy both had excellent customer service.

Luckily I've never not received a record in the years I've been buying stuff. I remember I thought I wasn't gonna get the Chuck Ragan 7" from Rat Patrol but I was one of the 1st people to get it (like a month and 1/2 after I ordered it) but I know lots of people didn't receive stuff. Also once I bought a bunch of stuff from Rich (Speedowax) and it was stuck at customs for like 2 months, but I eventually got it.

But I did buy a Pietasters shirt from the band once and never got the shirt or a refund.

Ordered a Rape Revenge 7" from xTruex records. It didn't arrive after a month, I emailed a couple of times, didn't receive a reply, so I gave up.

I had the same issue with them! I e-mailed after quite awhile of not receiving it and the guy replied saying:

"It appears as if (for whatever reason) my e-mail didn't get a notification of payment, but my PayPal account does indeed verify that you made an order. So sorry for the delay! I'll get that sent out first thing tomorrow morning. There'll be a little apology present in there for making you have to wait. Thanks for your patience."

That was months ago now, and after a month I e-mailed again to check in, no reply. I just e-mailed yet again and got an automatic reply saying:

"The recipient's account is temporarily over the maximum allowed mailbox size."

Makes me want to contact the band and tell them what's going on with their label.

Guest naytoid

I had the idea to do that, but I thought that I was the only one who got dicked over. Now I know there are more people it might be a good idea to contact the band.

I just recently had an order I placed not show up at all. I was even given a DC number, but it shows no activity other than billing info received or something (this was in July). I waited it out and then opened a paypal claim, but since there is a DC number involved, paypal is making me wait for possible delivery before making a decision about a refund.

It definitely isn't the distro, since I placed an order shortly after the missing one was made and got that one with no problem...I suppose the USPS strikes again! It's not the first time that it happened to me though...a couple of times the original order showed up well after the replacement did, which was weird but kinda cool.

I have finally not gotten a record from someone on this board. Paid in July and not a word since. Pm's not replied to or opened. Paypal claim is opened but it says shipping info received which I am not sure exactly what it means but I don't have my stuff and I don't have my money. I'm hardly being a dick about anything and I hope nothing happened to the dude but it still sucks.

I know with USPS packages in the USA its only like 20 cents to include a "Delivery Confirmation"/ tracking number, even with media mail, for anyone who has a USPS corporate account (We use endicia). So we always include it for US packages and if anything ever goes missing in the USA, we are able to track it and so is the customer. So if it is a package within the USA I don't see why it wouldn't just be tracked? I do know that if it is an international package tracking is a lot more difficult and expensive.

Yes it was an international package. I'm in Canada.

Canada Post probably stole your package once USPS sent it over! Oh gosh, dont even get me started on Canada POST! Once they told me packages from Canada (Toronto) to the USA (midwest) were traveling there by boat!!! Apparently they think all Canada to us shipments travel to the US by boat.

ShopRadioCast used to ship all packages via canada post until we relocated to Niagara Falls, ON/NY. And I think we had about 20 paypal disputes a week. The average international package would take 4-8 MONTHS!! NOT EVEN JOKING. Now we only ship Canadian Orders from within Canada using Canada post. They come with tracking numbers and are usually on time.

But to answer your question, in this situation yes we would have just sent you a new product, coughed up the expense or insured your package and received a refund that way.

Canada Post probably stole your package once USPS sent it over! Oh gosh, dont even get me started on Canada POST! Once they told me packages from Canada (Toronto) to the USA (midwest) were traveling there by boat!!! Apparently they think all Canada to us shipments travel to the US by boat.

ShopRadioCast used to ship all packages via canada post until we relocated to Niagara Falls, ON/NY. And I think we had about 20 paypal disputes a week. The average international package would take 4-8 MONTHS!! NOT EVEN JOKING. Now we only ship Canadian Orders from within Canada using Canada post. They come with tracking numbers and are usually on time.

But to answer your question, in this situation yes we would have just sent you a new product, coughed up the expense or insured your package and received a refund that way.

Agree! Canada Post International Sucks! I will never send out another International Package without Insurance coverage, I have had Packages Get Lost/Stolen to Many times Using Surface Mail International, So all I Will Only Use AIRMAIL When Shipping an item now Internationally, Wish I lived a little Closer to the Boarder so I could ship Out of the United States Instead, cause the Wait Time 3-6 Months for a package to arrive to someone is just Ridiculous, Plus Shipping Costs Here are Way More Expensive

I have Trouble with Orders From a Couple of bands, No Receiving My Order From one For Like 3 Months or So From One,

Shop Radio Cast I had one order missing an item Once, but it was an Honest Mistake, I have had Nothing but Excellent Service From Them, They Are Great People

Canada Post remains full of shit even within Canada. I just tracked a package you guys sent me two weeks ago and it was delivered to a random other city 40 km south of here. Whoever it was delivered to (postal codes in the city look nothing like mine, although there is a similar street name) wasn't home, so now it has to sit in that post office for ten days until it is sent back to you guys.

I opened a dispute on the Canada Post website since I know from working at one of the major cell phone providers that Canada Post customer service over the phone is abysmal. The whole thing blows goats and I know it's because some idiot postman wasn't looking at what he was doing.