AIM: do you still use it?

i was signed into AIM almost constantly when i was in high school/college and it was probably my main form of communication with my friends on campus and from high school. after i graduated, i was on less and less, and now i can't even remember the last time i signed in.

if i want to talk to someone now, i either text them, email them, or message them on facebook. so i guess i just traded one electronic form of communication for another. i don't really have time to sit on AIM and talk to people anymore it seems. is it just me, or are you guys not using instant messaging like this as much anymore?

Like everyone else, I was on it constantly through high school and college. I really haven't touched it in about a year. I don't do the social networking things, so the phone has taken over.

I remember the days sitting in my room during Jr. High School, a record playing next to me sitting at the computer with like a dozen IM windows going while I was supposed to be doing homework or something. haha

once i stopped using AIM i started to block all other forms of chatting communication. i'm invisible on gchat and block facebook chat. i have no need for some random from high school to be chatting me up on facebook trying to "catch up." there's a reason we don't talk anymore, weirdo.

I have AIM but only because a Swedish friend of mine told me to download it so we could keep in contact. Other than that I rarely ever use it now.

Skype is the new hot thing now and I don't even use that. I'm sure once I move out of state for good I'll start using that but for now, it doesn't appeal to me.

I uninstalled Digsby off of my PC when they had some malware / user security issues and I haven't looked back.

I don't use Facebook Chat unless someone random messages me. I Google Chat w/ a few people during work -- I always have gmail open, but that's it.

I was a freak about Away Messages back in the day too.

I don't have that on my computer, but I use AOL for my mail, so when I'm logged into my email I'm on AIM, but I haven't given or received a message in over a year. I used to always have it open ,and can remember times where my whole screen would be filled up with active conversations for house.

I talk to like 2 or 3 people on facebook chat, but mostly I text peeps. I use facebook wall posts for asinine shit.