shit you are really proud of

elementary

So I was listening to my band's old EP tonight. And I felt this sense of overwhelming pride. I don't think anybody here would dig the music all that much, but upon giving it a solid listen through, all of the toil and trouble I put into it, all of the late nights scribbling on composition notebooks, all of the shows we played that we were more fun afterwards than during, all the good times in my basement, all of that came rushing back. And even though not many other people liked it or didn't know what to do with it, it's something that I made. Something that I created and put a good amount of heart and brain to. And to know that fact stayed true no matter what anyone said or did maybe be really really proud.

That EP can be found right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f6e5937909bfdafb8d78a0e55529160903e3615fb547d3ffb16e5c9d3b204475

Post shit that you've done/experienced that you were really proud of!

Despite me not being on these recordings I can honestly say that i'm pretty proud of the music that the other guitarist and i were worked on that we didn't record. We had about five new songs complete, but the dudes just never called to practice again and eventually just lost touch.

http://www.myspace.com/rasputinsatx

May not be everybody's cup of tea, but these songs were so much fun to play.

oh and the vocals sucked. they had a chance to be so much better.

well, inspired by the cool idea....here is the stuff we put on tape years and years ago. Must be 1996 or 1998...something like that.

I couldn`t remember the name of the songs.

Hm, proud of it? I don`t know, but what counts was the spirit behind it. Making music with my own hands, meeting with those guys every week - drinking lots of beer, smoking my lounge straight into hell......

It was a hell of a cool time.

Sure, it is played sloppy and the soundquality is...but give it a try and yell "I can make this better 1.000 times better"...DO IT BABY. Go, meet some buddies and start your own band. Its def worth the time!!!

My 2 cents - or Swissfranks

http://rapidshare.com/users/R7GOM1

Elon, NC! I've played there a few times. It had a great scene then and I hope it still does.

I've been proud of many things. I had a lot of fun in a band called Signal Home. We're actually still writing a new record. I've also played in a ton of other bands that I've been proud of. I'm proud to have toured the US and been part of all that music.

Most of all, I'm very proud of becoming a teacher. I've been teaching steadily for the last few years and it's such a great job (at least here in PA).

Nice idea for a topic!

Playing in a band was something I never ever thought I would do. When I was living with two good friends we started jamming and the result was a band we called "Canopy Glass". Nothing really special but I was so happy to be playing shows. Alas our drummer moved to Portland, OR and I haven't played with anyone since. Either way it was something that I was super proud of.

www.myspace.com/canopyglass

Ehhh I'll post the link if you're curious... which I doubt.

Not much going on here as far as I know. But if you came back we could definitely play some shows, dude!

I'd like a link to your most recent band's stuff. I've always wanted to tour all over the place. Kind of my dream.

And up top for becoming a teacher! What do you teach?

I teach Computer Science (Office, Programming, Web Design, etc.) Good luck on getting your band on the road! Just keep your head up and doing the shows. As long as you're playing with like-minded people, you'll find yourself on the road soon :)

Guest errolwest

I'm super proud of my band. There was a period where we were broken up(about a year) but we worked it out, finishing our record, and doing a big tour this summer. We are also playing a show with shai hulud in December. I am SO fucking stoked for that.

EDIT:invade you're interested(probably not) here's our myspace.

www.myspace.com/invasionsk

EDIT PART 2:come hang out with us this summer ;)

My beard growing skills.

My degree from Maxwell School of Citizenship, Syracuse University (History and Economics)

While it's easy to get certified to teach, I feel proud whenever people, especially other teachers, tell me I'm a great teacher. But I can't find a job because all the districts have cut spots since I got certified. :(

My book collection.

• 4 weeks later...

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':pygwyfqg]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':pygwyfqg]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else