Cell phone help

honestly, i don't know why anyone would buy the iphone 4 knowing that it has antenna issues. sure, they'll give you a free case, but if you're going to spend that much money on something don't you want it to be perfect? i had the iphone 3g and as much as it was a really fun gadget, i had nothing but problems with the phone aspect of it. dropped calls like CRAZY. constant freezing and crashing, delayed texts, calls going straight to voicemail for no reason, etc. of course being in Canada I have no experience with sprint or at&t but rogers is supposed to be the best provider here and neither them nor apple would take responsibility for the issues i was having. i switched to a blackberry 8520 (still with rogers) and have had no problems since. but thats just my two cents.

Sprint's plans seem to be cheaper, but the few friends I know that are on Sprint have more problems with their service than anyone I know.

All my friends that have iPhones love their phones, but constantly bitch about AT&T.

I'm on Verizon and I have the Droid and I love it and my service.

I've had att for five years now (I think?) and I've had maybe one or two dropped calls. Granted I dont talk on the phone much.. but I've never had a real big texting/3g coverage problem. As far as I'm concerned, I'll be an iPhone user until they stop making them.

I should note that I have the 3gs and will be updating during the next iteration of iPhones

I'm on Verizon and I have the Droid and I love it and my service.

this. except i have the droid incredible.

My roommate and I were talking phones yesterday, I was telling her how I spend the whole first year of every contract in love with my phone, and the whole second year counting down the time until I get my upgrade. Right now I'm at 11 months until my next upgrade. :'(

this. except i have the droid incredible.

My roommate and I were talking phones yesterday, I was telling her how I spend the whole first year of every contract in love with my phone, and the whole second year counting down the time until I get my upgrade. Right now I'm at 11 months until my next upgrade. :'(

hahaha. incidentally, i'm pretty much the same way.

i refuse to upgrade before i can get something cheap. i swear it seems like some people are getting new smartphones every 6 months or so. i have no idea how they can afford it.

I am debating between:

iPhone 4 - AT&T

HTC Evo 4g - Sprint

Any input from anyone? I honestly can't make up my mind. Can anyone tell me about dealing with Sprint? I know very few people that have it and would love more info.

I stand by the iPhone 4 being the best phone on the market at the moment. The screen alone is enough to make it better than any other smartphone.

What you might want to consider is the network though. Ask your friends how AT&T and Sprint are. Everyone says AT&T sucks, but here in Pittsburgh it's perfect. It's fast and I've never dropped a call.

From there decide what OS you want. Do you want Android or iOS? Does it even matter to you? There are huge app stores for both and for the most part you can find exactly what you want in each one. From what I've seen the quality if apps is slightly better on the iPhone, but there are more free apps for Android. The iPhone has more games.

Do you care a lot about battery life? The old iPhones had pretty bad battery life, but the battery in the iPhone 4 is incredible! Based on reviews I've read the Evo's battery life is kinda meh.

The camera on the iPhone 4 is the best camera in a hand-held at the moment as well. The pictures aren't perfect, but I don't worry about taking a camera with my anymore because the iPhone's is more than enough for the pics I take.

I'd say go to the stores and play w/ each phone and see which one you like more.

As for the iPhone 4's antenna issues. I've never had a problem, but I'm right handed, so I don't hold the phone in the "kill spot" -- it should be noted that the free case program has ended.

I am debating between:

iPhone 4 - AT&T

HTC Evo 4g - Sprint

Any input from anyone? I honestly can't make up my mind. Can anyone tell me about dealing with Sprint? I know very few people that have it and would love more info.

Do you care a lot about battery life? The old iPhones had pretty bad battery life, but the battery in the iPhone 4 is incredible! Based on reviews I've read the Evo's battery life is kinda meh.

the relatively meh battery life is the only thing i have a complaint about with my phone. however, you need to take into account that while you can't remove/upgrade/swap out the battery in an iphone, you can in almost every other phone. i purchased an extra battery for my incredible, and while i've never yet had to swap it out with the one in the phone, if i was out for the day using the phone heavily, or it was going in and out of service sucking the battery life, i could just pop the fresh battery in and not worry.

the relatively meh battery life is the only thing i have a complaint about with my phone. however, you need to take into account that while you can't remove/upgrade/swap out the battery in an iphone, you can in almost every other phone. i purchased an extra battery for my incredible, and while i've never yet had to swap it out with the one in the phone, if i was out for the day using the phone heavily, or it was going in and out of service sucking the battery life, i could just pop the fresh battery in and not worry.

you can easily swap out the battery in any iphone for about $20. they do it here on the cheap and you get it back within a day. Apparently it really only takes about 20 minutes

you can easily swap out the battery in any iphone for about $20. they do it here on the cheap and you get it back within a day. Apparently it really only takes about 20 minutes

what i meant was, i can do it myself in 30 seconds, haha. not 'i can take it to the store and have it back in a day'. i mean in a scenario where you didn't have access to an electrical outlet/charger and your phone died. like if you were camping. or on a road trip in the middle of nowhere.