Dexter Season 5 Discussion w/ Spoilers

born2bleed

This whole thing with Debra is really bugging me. I like that she knows and Dexter has to deal with telling her about it... but her response to have him live with her so she can watch him 24/7 is stupid. The fact that the show is having him go along with it is even more stupid. Every time they showed him at Deb's house all I could think about was where the hell is his son? I realize that he's got Jaimie at his house watching him... but she has pretty much become a single mom at this point with how much time she spends with Harrison.

I was really frustrated that he didn't kill Lewis last night. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread how Dexter is getting sloppy and that is very apparent in his dealings with Lewis. For someone who doesn't want to get caught and has over 100 kills that he's trying to keep hidden... he's letting that guy get away with a lot. Scaring him away doesn't seem like the best answer.

But I think it's either go along with what Deb says or get arrested ya know?

I want Lewis to die so bad, but he won't kill him because of the code. Lewis isn't a murderer/rapist (that we know of yet at least).

This whole thing with Debra is really bugging me. I like that she knows and Dexter has to deal with telling her about it... but her response to have him live with her so she can watch him 24/7 is stupid.

Didn't read the books, but apparently in them she knows and Dexter's brother was never killed and he lives with them.

You don't think the Russians will just target Dexter himself? I think they're sending the kid away cause Dexter is about to get into some shit and it would just drag down the pace of the season with him having to have those "moments" with Harrison. But anywho, i don't see Deb intentionally making a kill. I could see her stabbing someone to save Dex, or shooting someone to save Dex. But i don't see her making a kill in the same ritualistic way that Dex does, but i've been wrong about this show plenty of times :) I don't know about you guys, but i thought the only season that didn't pull its weight was season 3... and even then, it was necessary for us to see to understand that there is a tiny bit of light in Dexter and that me may of been able to fight off his "dark passenger". How many of you guys are reading the books? Jeff Lindsay is a great writer and i love the direction the books take, but i also love the adaptation they've made into the TV show. Brilliant show, only one thats better on TV is Breaking Bad... Even though i'm really into Homeland right now... mmm... Claire Danes...

You don't think the Russians will just target Dexter himself? I think they're sending the kid away cause Dexter is about to get into some shit and it would just drag down the pace of the season with him having to have those "moments" with Harrison. But anywho, i don't see Deb intentionally making a kill. I could see her stabbing someone to save Dex, or shooting someone to save Dex. But i don't see her making a kill in the same ritualistic way that Dex does, but i've been wrong about this show plenty of times :) I don't know about you guys, but i thought the only season that didn't pull its weight was season 3... and even then, it was necessary for us to see to understand that there is a tiny bit of light in Dexter and that me may of been able to fight off his "dark passenger". How many of you guys are reading the books? Jeff Lindsay is a great writer and i love the direction the books take, but i also love the adaptation they've made into the TV show. Brilliant show, only one thats better on TV is Breaking Bad... Even though i'm really into Homeland right now... mmm... Claire Danes...

I read the first three books...the first two were great and i thought the third was god awful, enough that i have no desire to read another one of them.