ISIS - Oceanic repress (again) soon

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek, thanks. The only reason I asked is because there is remastered copy on "green" up on eBay right now and it is completely different looking than the RE colors. Check it out.

i got this email. i check my paypal payment and it indeed went to some random yahoo email. previous RE payments had gone to [email protected] i believe. seemed legit as the proof was in my paypal.

This scary shit made me double check my paypal account and it did indeed go to Robotic Empire. Almost freaked out there.

RE is still honouring the orders however they are out the cost of the order. they were just trying to get our help.

This scary shit made me double check my paypal account and it did indeed go to Robotic Empire. Almost freaked out there.

RE is still honouring the orders however they are out the cost of the order. they were just trying to get our help.

That is fucking terrible! I hope whoever hacked them chokes on a chicken bone to death.....and then promptly returns the stolen funds from beyond the grave. And then gets punched in the nuts by a banshee....then gang raped by a hundred leprechauns.

^I don't think anyone here has gotten a shipping notification and I definitely have not but mine came yesterday.

everybody talk about color here,but how is sound the new master?

Seem that more of you don't listen the records you bought.

SAD......

I'll talk about the sound. Two of my four copies (Gyre and Seaweed) are disturbingly crackley. My Brine copy sounded the best so far. Still had a bit too much crackle and on all of those copies, and I'm assuming on the entire press, they chopped off the last 20 seconds of "Hym." I couldn't believe it.

^I don't think anyone here has gotten a shipping notification and I definitely have not but mine came yesterday.
everybody talk about color here,but how is sound the new master?

Seem that more of you don't listen the records you bought.

SAD......

I'll talk about the sound. Two of my four copies (Gyre and Seaweed) are disturbingly crackley. My Brine copy sounded the best so far. Still had a bit too much crackle and on all of those copies, and I'm assuming on the entire press, they chopped off the last 20 seconds of "Hym." I couldn't believe it.

Bummer rock. I haven't received mine yet but I was anticipating killer sound on this one.

Hopefully no one else has that issue. It could very well just be a particular batch of the press that has that or maybe the needle just needs to be dragged through a few times to dislodge the microscopic excess wax from the grooves but I definitely hear more crackle than I like for brand new records. The Brine definitely had the least of the problem. Though the actual mastering and tone of the overall sound is quite good.

[image]

I'll mimic some of the previously mentioned. While the record definitely sounds good, it's very muted. The kick drum is fucking phenomenal though. Mine had a little bit of crackling closer to the center of each disc. But I clean all my records with a brush before playing them. It is, after all, a Pirates Press record so it's more than likely going to contain some grit. And I also don't like that Hymn cut off so quickly.