Campaign to offer Weezer $10 million to break up

AlexH.

if it gets to 50% ill throw some money in

For anyone that doesn't understand how this works, your donation does not get taken from your bank account unless the goal is reached. The goal is $10 MILLION. And even if the goal gets met, if Weezer rejects the money to break up, you STILL get your money back. You may as well donate.

I also feel lucky to know the man who started this. And even though I disagree with him on one principle of his campaign (I love the first two Weezer albums as much as, if not more than, most dorks), I fully support this cause. At this point they've done way more damage than good.

I also feel lucky to know the man who started this. And even though I disagree with him on one principle of his campaign (I love the first two Weezer albums as much as, if not more than, most dorks), I fully support this cause. At this point they've done way more damage than good.

So don't listen to them?

There are way more important things that $10 million could go toward. I'd also be shocked if it got over $10k. This is stupid.

So don't listen to them?

There are way more important things that $10 million could go toward. I'd also be shocked if it got over $10k. This is stupid.

For anyone that doesn't understand how this works, your donation does not get taken from your bank account unless the goal is reached. The goal is $10 MILLION. And even if the goal gets met, if Weezer rejects the money to break up, you STILL get your money back. You may as well donate.

But I don't really feel like signing up for a site and entering my credit card information if it has no chance at all.

So don't listen to them?

agreed. this is a retarded idea. i hate weezer and think they suck, but rather than rewarding them for sucking by paying them millions of dollars, why not just NOT buy their stuff.

fuck, i would gladly start a shitty radio rock band that people hate so much that they would pay me 10 million to break up.

i would LOVE for this to get over $10 million and have rivers/weezer accept the money, then donate it all to a charity or a bunch of charities and keep making music.

what a waste of everybody's time and money that could so easily be spent on something important.

i'm sure they'd make him sign some document legally barring him from further making or performing music.

the whole thing is pretty funny. i doubt he actually thinks this will work; just a publicity stunt. i don't see how it's a waste of anyone's time or money.

How have they done any damage? Damage to what, exactly?