worst day ever.

Guest errolwest

Guest errolwest

i was biking to band practice, when i started to get a bit dizzy, so i started walking my bike down an alley, then all of the sudden, i couldnt see shapes/objects, just colours. then i passed out in a snowy ditch in the alley. when i landed, i landed straight on my chin. it broke the middle of my jaw, and seperated my two bottom front teeth, i woke up later(i have no clue how long i was out for, but i managed to have a seizure in that time) when i woke up, i was confused as to where i was, and i was also covered in blood. i stumbled through the streets untill someone called me an ambulance. i ended up with a broken jaw, seizure, a concussion, 5 stiches, and some minor cuts and bruuises on my face. anyhow, im going in for surgery tomorrow morning, and i cant eat solids for two weeks. i hate this.

thanks guys. i have no history of seizures, so they will run some tests after the surgery and seewhats what

yeah, it could have been due to other factors... my buddy had one when he was 33. hasn't had one since.. shitty part is he was walking by a car in the junkyard and fell and busted his head on a fender.. had to get like 20 stitches.. luckily someone saw him.. apparently he was only about for about 10 seconds.

good luck tomorrow.

Guest errolwest

[image]

the gap between my teeth is where the break was, its also how wide it is.

annd this is the full face shot, i dont know if you can tell, but its pretty swollen.

[image]

im really glad i woke up before freezing to death. it could have just as easily happened.

Guest errolwest
Wow, good luck with the surgery. Hopefully the passing out was just due to a vasovagal episode.

The doctor told me it was due to my stupid low blood pressure. i was hypoglycemic i guess.

If you were unconscious was the seizure witnessed? How did they describe it? Not to sound like an ass, but people are mistaken with these a lot. Hopefully it was nothing. And if it really was a seizure did they do a ct scan? Seizures can be common in head injuries. And it sounds like you hit your noggin pretty good. If you had a Grand Mal seizure after hitting your head and going unconscious they need to rule out a head bleed. Good luck man.

Guest errolwest

the doctor told me i had a seizure based on what i came in with. i have bite marks and gouges all over my tounge, ect ect. i also got a ct scan done. he says it shouldnt be a problem.

im 99% this is a true statement,

im pretty sure its something like 60-75% of people have at least one seizure in their life, some it may be minor or some even like yours.

so i that is true (im really sure we talked about it in one of my special education classes) hopefully you have the good end of the stick!

Guest errolwest
i also got a ct scan done. he says it shouldnt be a problem.

That's good. Ever have problems with hypotension before? Did they attribute this episode to your diet?

it was because of my diet. haha

it was because of my diet. haha

It typically is for younger people. At least it's not a underlying medical condition. I assume you seizure is most likely from hitting your head and is not from a medical condition either. I'm sure that's not much of a relief though considering you broke your jaw. Having your jaw wired shut is not gonna be fun. Good luck with that man.

oh man, that's awful. :[ good luck with the surgery! make everyone wait on you hand and foot is my advice.

i get low blood pressure/low sugar passing out episodes so i know what that's like. my mom's the same way so i guess it runs in the family. luckily, ive gotten pretty good at knowing when im gonna pass out and usually catch myself in time and lay down before i fully pass out.