What are you going to with your $600

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to know if you pay taxes but are claimed as a dependant if you still get this? it says all taxpayers, so i would hope so. $600 would help a ton towards getting out of some debt and finally getting my car worked on. or buy all the shit i've ordered at the local comic store and haven't picked up yet.

as long as this money is spent on domestic products or used to pay bills to free up funds to spend on domestic products, yes, this will have an impact, but it could be only short term. It depends on how confident people will feel during the summer months with our economy and weather or not they will continue to spend money after they've gotten past the impact of the couple hundred bucks and get back into the so called "financial rut" this stimulus was supposed to free them from. putting it in savings does nothing to help anyone out, its not meant to be saved, its meant to be spent.

Didn't this plan already fail when Bush first got into office and he sent everyone $300? Everyone I know just paid bills the first time. This doesn't really stimulate the economy much. Mostly it will further bankrupt our government and screw over our education system and government services (and maybe drive up Bush's favorability among the lower class one or two percentage points). So, YAY for $600!