Great Forgotten Bands of the 90's

Good call on the Toadies. "Possum Kingdom" is one of my favorite alterna-radio songs from the '90's!

FULLY BACKED.

Great 90s albums:

3EB - s/t

STP - Purple and Tiny Music

Alice In Chains - Dirt

The Posies - pretty much everything

that third eye blind was the first album i got into. before that i didnt care for music. i bought it on cd and have all the cd singles from that album

i dont think i listened to anything after that. i really should pick it up on vinyl. such a great time in my life. back then i didnt have a care in the world

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush

I saw Bush/No Doubt/Goo Goo Dolls in 7th or 8th grade... now there's a quintessential 90's concert for you. Right up there with the Smashing Pumpkins/Garbage.

when this show played new haven....

i saw mustard plug / at the drive-in / sgt scagnetti... down the street for $7 in a crowd of 10 people.

Guest scriptedrain

I love Everclear's "So Much for the Afterglow." It's a shame that they've fallen in and out over the years and not gone on to make more solid albums. The 90s were a good time for them.

it's weird. since this post started, i've been hearing alot of Gin Blossoms on the radio. either they normally played that much, or i just didnt pay attention

im also going to throw in Hum, Nada Surf (I know they are still around, but didn't get the attention they deserved in the 90's), and the Presidents of the USA

Wow, Tugboat Annie, I haven't thought about that band in probably a decade. I used to have a split 7" flexi between them and the Wicked Farleys I got with an issue of Muddle a loooong time ago... I wonder if I still have it?

Muddle... haha...

Let me know if you still have that record. I think it's the last one I need to complete my collection.