Photos: Bad Astronaut "Acrophobe"

Guest admin1338560633

This is really crazy.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bad-Astronaut-Acroph....item4a a62fe131

I don't want to sell my set of four because I like it a lot, but it's a little hard to justify keeping it at that price. I could just sell the four, grab 1 black copy, and then buy most of the other records on my want list.

Ugh, the pains of being a neurotic collector type.

This is unreal. It's a lot of money for these records!

o

m

g

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone find these at HT yet? the closest store to me that has them is 2 hours and I've called a bunch of stores up the east coast near where I have family (that's coming next week) and none of the stores near them have them either so if anyone sees them and wants to pick one up for me it'd be greatly appreciated.

This is really crazy.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bad-Astronaut-Acroph....item4a a62fe131

I don't want to sell my set of four because I like it a lot, but it's a little hard to justify keeping it at that price. I could just sell the four, grab 1 black copy, and then buy most of the other records on my want list.

Ugh, the pains of being a neurotic collector type.

...That picture looks awfully familiar...oh wait, that's the one that Virgil took. Sketchy.

I picked a bad day to take the day off. I am blown away that the wrong inserts were printed and can't believe I didn't catch it; I will fix this. More than likely I will just print the right inserts, and send them when I put houston out assuming most people who picked up acrophobe will pick up houston. so fucking sorry about this.

this was the first time I did a gang of 6 inserts all on one job and I just didn't catch it.

will fix it though.

Any update?

• 1 month later...

this person has another one up too. Not sure if anyone noticed that. I would wait to see what that goes for before deciding whether or not to sell yours in this manner. If you look at that one that sold for 450 you'll see that there was 13 bids. But if you look at the bidders, you'll see that there were only 2. One could now assume that there are only 2 people out there that would pay this much for all 4. Now the second person has no one to compete against and should get it for a lot less. Notice this other auction has less than 3 days left, the starting price is 99 bucks, and there's no bids.

There's also another theory here that I think many people should realize. The person that lost the auction could very well have bought another set from the seller after the auction was over. The seller has proven that he has multiple sets. So why would he put up an auction when there's clearly someone out there that would pay top dollar for it? So there's a fairly good chance that the 2 people that would pay 450 no longer need a set and therefore your set of 4 would go for considerably less than 450.

And yes, I love auction theory ahaha. It's so much fun.