Black Friday 2010

Didn't see a thread for this. If it's a duplicate, sorry.

You going? What are you buying? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_354399422_9?ie=UTF8&docId=1000625251&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1ZC99YYSCXTV39RNQAST&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1278940402&pf_rd_i=1266092011

Just worried that something better will come out later.

Also, this is probably kind of a rookie question, but if I buy a Tom-Tom, is there a subscription fee or does it just work on its own?

The tom tom thing just works on its own. My girlfriend got one for christmas last year and I think we have used it twice. With GPS on most phones now the removable car units are becoming obsolete.

Yeah I have an Iphone with internet, but I like the car units because they talk to you (rather than fumbling with your phone while driving).

Thanks for the answer. Gonna think about it.

I'm not against them by any means, I love when they are in rental cars. I think if I traveled more it would get more use but for areas only a few hours from here I just type it in the phone. I usually forget she even has it though. Except one time when it was talking in the glove compartment and it freaked me the fuck out and I thought someone was in the back of her truck.

Didn't see a thread for this. If it's a duplicate, sorry.

You going? What are you buying? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_354399422_9?ie=UTF8&docId=1000625251&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1ZC99YYSCXTV39RNQAST&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1278940402&pf_rd_i=1266092011

Just worried that something better will come out later.

Also, this is probably kind of a rookie question, but if I buy a Tom-Tom, is there a subscription fee or does it just work on its own?

Hell no. Why even bother leaving the house when Walmart will ship everything for free? (read w/ sarcasm)

i work at target in electronics from 3:45 AM - 2:00 PM. Fuck

I had to do this once, it was my 2nd day there and I hadn't even seen the ad. Fucking nightmare. There is absolutely no need for people to sprint down aisles with shopping carts. I managed to get the closing shift the next year. Dealing with the aftermath is much better than the storm by far.

Last year was the first year I didn't have to work, so I camped overnight to get a new TV. Pissed my pants on the way back home, and then still went to Best Buy afterwords to pick up a few video games.

This year I'm looking for some video games. Dead Rising 2 on the cheap would be nice. Might pick up the new MoH game for $35, though I heard it's pretty shitty. And I'm a sucker for the cheap DVDs they always sell. Damn!

i work at target in electronics from 3:45 AM - 2:00 PM. Fuck

I had to do this once, it was my 2nd day there and I hadn't even seen the ad. Fucking nightmare. There is absolutely no need for people to sprint down aisles with shopping carts. I managed to get the closing shift the next year. Dealing with the aftermath is much better than the storm by far.

I never got the opening on a black friday shift. Always had the close, but I always ended up closing on X-mas eve which was an outright shit storm. Cart after cart of stray merchandise. :(

I never got the opening on a black friday shift. Always had the close, but I always ended up closing on X-mas eve which was an outright shit storm. Cart after cart of stray merchandise. :(

One holiday season we didn't have enough employees to handle all the stuff to do. I remember a few occasions where we had to leave more than a dozen full carts of merchandise to be reshelved along the back wall of the toy department (all toys/electronics items) because we ran out of time to put it away. So glad I am done with retail forever.