Explosions in the Sky

I recently picked up a brand new copy of Explosions in the Sky "All of a Sudden, I Miss Everyone" and am amazed at the horrible sound quality. I couldn't even make it to Side B considering the atrocious static and annoying over-the-top crackling. I have absolutely no problem with any of my other records, so i know it's not my needle or my arm needing adjusted. Was just wondering if anyone else has a copy of this record and experience the same type of sound issues? Or just what the hell is going on with my record? Thanks.

I'll be honest... i didn't bust it out again til just now... Still sounds pretty weak on Side A. Side B is a little better, but not anywhere near as bad as Side A. Only reason i was asking was because i've read reviews of albums before where people said not to purchase the lp version because of how horrible it was mixed / sound quality issues. Was just making sure this wasn't the case... Thanks for the responses fellas.

I recently picked up a brand new copy of Explosions in the Sky "All of a Sudden, I Miss Everyone" and am amazed at the horrible sound quality. I couldn't even make it to Side B considering the atrocious static and annoying over-the-top crackling. I have absolutely no problem with any of my other records, so i know it's not my needle or my arm needing adjusted. Was just wondering if anyone else has a copy of this record and experience the same type of sound issues? Or just what the hell is going on with my record? Thanks.

I've had the worst luck with this record as well. Side D is practically unplayable.

I've had the worst luck with this record as well. Side D is practically unplayable.

have you tried adding more weight? ;) my copy USED to skip right over the grooves but i added all the weight i could and it plays fine now.