Upcoming Dine Alone Releases (City & Colour, AOF)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how long they'll play for. Hopefully at least 30 minutes.

Longest I've ever seen anyone play there is 30 minutes.

Also, the Mockingbird Wish Me Luck 7" was delayed. Bummer.

Yea theyre delayed because of the jackets and inserts. Should be all in and ready for Monday. And the band has 33 tour copies available still too

I wonder how long they'll play for. Hopefully at least 30 minutes.

I will probably be around that. They're only playing 4 songs (dogs blood)

Awesome! I was hoping to be able to hear Grey sometime soon. After this, the only song I will not have heard from them that I REALLY want to, is It Was Fear Of Myself That Made Me Odd. Heres to hoping they play it on my 15th time in St Catherines.

after finding out how much of a money hungry cunt dallas is, will not be buying this anymore. dude can eat a dick

if you're going to say random shit like this on a message board, at least provide some sort of explanation to support your claim. otherwise, please don't bother.

ok, a city and colour tour was announced this week for australia and the tickets are more than what alexisonfire's tour in october were. originally thought it was the promoter trying to rip us off but the promoter for aof here (he's not the one doing c&c) corrected someone on twitter saying the price is all dallas' fault (@toovey You bitch about the C&C price & then you'll pay it & go anyways, right? And this time it is not the promoter, it is the artist http://twitter.com/#!/iamnotshouting/status/14287417259331585 ) and that part of dallas' pitch is that his fans will pay anything to see him (@toovey Yep, it was part of the pitch. That his fans will pay anything. Dude is only and only about money. http://twitter.com/#!/iamnotshouting/status/14290858937417728 )

his fans WILL pay anything to see him. if you don't like it, then don't go.

also, i went on the venue in brisbane's site out of curiosity, and dallas green is charging less than m. ward, sufjan stevens, and jimmy eat world. so you'd probably start calling those artists names and boycott buying their stuff too!

yes but with the exception of m ward, those acts are much more popular than c&c is which justifies the price more than dallas. for the record, i refuse to pay so much for a solo act, especially when it's more then his bigger, much more popular band, and am missing him

so....if you're more popular by your standards, it's ok to be 'all about the money' and price gouge? i don't understand your logic.

$63?!?! Is that serious?

yeah, i was surprised at that too, haha. but the other acts are all the same or more. i'd imagine it has something to do with the airfare/overall cost of traveling there.

i'm going to assume that dallas tours with a band/crew of at least a handful of people (5-10?)... it's not cheap to fly from canada to australia at any point during the year, in addition to requiring gear, paying all of the people that are working on putting the tour together, etc. i'm just saying $63 seems anything but crazy, but still...

i'm going to assume that dallas tours with a band/crew of at least a handful of people (5-10?)... it's not cheap to fly from canada to australia at any point during the year, in addition to requiring gear, paying all of the people that are working on putting the tour together, etc. i'm just saying $63 seems anything but crazy, but still...

I live in quebec, last year my parents went to australia

Montreal-melbourne was 2156$ /person

Maybe from toronto is a bit less, so if you are lucky enough it will cost AT LEAST 15k only for the tickets.....(for the crew) + extra for the gear

I let you do the math....

BUT,

I agree 65$ is expensive to go see a show...

But what do you want? NO SHOW AT ALL, or have a chance to see them 1 time for 63?

I agree 65$ is expensive to go see a show...

But what do you want? NO SHOW AT ALL, or have a chance to see them 1 time for 63?

agreed.

though judging by the uniformly high costs of all the artists performing at that venue it might seem outrageous to us back in the states/canada, it looks like $63 is not at all out of the ordinary for a show down there.

Costs are way more reasonable for local bands. It's all because of the travel costs. I believe part of it is the venue though. I know even venue to venue it can vary quite a bit for local acts.

Seeing my friends (local) band a lot, it has varied from $5 to $20 With $20 as being seen as ridiculous.

However with international acts pretty much all of them are at least $50. Not sure why you'd complain about $60 when some bands charge up to $150. Seriously.

a ticket to a city and colour show in canada would likely cost around $30-$40 (including ticketmaster service charges). how much does it cost to buy/ship a record to australia from canada? just curious... someone throw out an average amount for that to happen. curious to see if the differences are similar.