Transit/Man Overboard Get Crabby and Smoke Blunts

Here's both band's statements on the signings and their plans for the future. Including recording and tour info.

Transit

http://www.the1stfive.com/news/transit-announces-signing-to-rise-records-and-recording-updates

Man Overboard

http://www.the1stfive.com/news/man-overboard-and-transit-sign-with-rise-records

Taken from absolutepunk

Normally both of these bands would be on here to reply, but they both just arrived in Europe for a 2 week tour, so I am going to interject and answer for them. I manage both of the bands and produced both of their last records. For anyone thinking either band is going to change their sound from label influence you are totally wrong. The label likes what we do and is not interested in us "changing our sound." There will be no "generic producers" on the groups records. The blog Property of Zack wrote up some great insight on the history of signings like this. You should all check it out before you talk shit on the label/this signing. http://propertyofzack.com/post/21332...o-rise-records

Both bands have planned releases with Run for Cover and even other cool small indies. The only thing changing is we have the support of a new label who really likes and gets what we do. As someone who has been working in pop punk for 17 years, I can say Rise gets it, they are such awesome people and I could not be more psyched. Don't fear, all that is coming is more great stuff!

i think it's funny how everyone assumes these bands are going to change their sound by jumping to a different indie label. seems kinda paranoid to me, but whatever.

Yea people are weird about this shit sometimes.

Im sure most people here hate most bands on Rise Records and Im personally, not a fan of most of their bands, but Craig who runs Rise is a good dude and works hard for his bands.

Rise is totally a legit label. They were run out of the owner's house up until, like, 18 months ago. Craig is a super-solid dude who tapped into what kids like and was able to cater to it. Now he's branching out and doing more of what he wants (i.e. reissuing Piebald's back catalog, doing the new records from the Bled and This Is Hell, signing these two bands).

Rise is totally a legit label. They were run out of the owner's house up until, like, 18 months ago. Craig is a super-solid dude who tapped into what kids like and was able to cater to it. Now he's branching out and doing more of what he wants (i.e. reissuing Piebald's back catalog, doing the new records from the Bled and This Is Hell, signing these two bands).

Scott DIY only matters if you do it yourself according to other people's opinions. Duh.

Scott DIY only matters if you do it yourself according to other people's opinions. Duh.

so he's taking the money-making albums to put out money-pit albums. makes sense.