weaselpalooza!

well when you heckle, nothing is off limits, kids wife, life....fuck this dude, it's not about him jumping labels. it's about the FACT that he is a total piece of shit. and if ur gonna be a piece of shit you'll be talked about and hated.

as far as the riverdales show....i'm assuming it was filled with a ton of pop punk kids who would think something like "it's past your bed time" would be funny but to person who knows funny, he probably needs to up his game.

thats not to make fun of pop punk or fans....thats saying that ben has no funny bone or personality.

also xxmartinxx you shouldn't think that people on this board don't know ben or have had to deal with him on a personal or business deal. i can tell you FIRST HAND HE HATES ME. cus i opened my mouth about who he really is and he didn't like that. his friends didn't like that as well so he called one of his old labels to have them shut my mouth.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i get invited to stay at your house after a show i played. Mainly because you are being a cool guy and all. as soon as i get there i see a pic of your family. i start sneering and just plain laughing at the clothes they wear. you then show me the room I'll be sleeping in. I then start fumbling through your records only to laugh at the music you like. I then go into the kitchen and start whining about the food you have and how there's nothing to eat in this stupid house and by the way, that's a retarded looking lampshade and ceiling fan. Its hideous. Damn, you're taste in music sucks too. I'm sure you'd let me stay and come back anytime i pleased.

this pretty well sums me up...I have no good food in my house...crappy taste in music and my family does dress funny....so you can come stay whenever you want..... :)

i get invited to stay at your house after a show i played. Mainly because you are being a cool guy and all. as soon as i get there i see a pic of your family. i start sneering and just plain laughing at the clothes they wear. you then show me the room I'll be sleeping in. I then start fumbling through your records only to laugh at the music you like. I then go into the kitchen and start whining about the food you have and how there's nothing to eat in this stupid house and by the way, that's a retarded looking lampshade and ceiling fan. Its hideous. Damn, you're taste in music sucks too. I'm sure you'd let me stay and come back anytime i pleased.

this pretty well sums me up...I have no good food in my house...crappy taste in music and my family does dress funny....so you can come stay whenever you want..... :)

you probably wear nike's instead of converse too.. poser :P

and jimmy (why do i keep calling you that when i know your real name), the story i told. you met the guy that it happened too. :-X:-X

So Im not going to take the time to read through this thread and just say this, I thought it was going to be a 3 day SW only fest. Like those fests that Phish put on. Man, that would have been a shitty fest.

when i think of what you just said, I though a PHISH fest would would be 3 days, noon-10pm with a opener and them playing the rest of the time.

Yeah Phish just jams for like 10 hours for three straight days. They used to do it alot in Maine on an old air force base. Nothing like 100,000 hippies invading your state for 3 days.

are you serious? really? i don't listen to PHISH but I wouldn't doubt it. if i seem a little naive, my apologies.

I cant stand phish (or jam bands in general) but its insane. Its like a woodstock enviorment. Its all outdoors in tents and just a stage set up where they play all day while people drink and trip and end up arrested. Its usually 300 or so that get busted, that parts pretty humourous as its just crawling with cops there.

This is the longest, most vague answer ever given.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would have anything against Ben Weasel. You're acting like he's some guy who is a habitual label jumper, but the guy had his the majority of releases on one label (Lookout) for more than a decade, up until the label was no longer truly functional. I'm guessing the label you're referring to is Asian Man. I have no idea what went down, and I doubt you do, either.

i think that was the whole point of the post. to be vague.

as far as why anyone would hate him? hmm. this is the easiest way to describe it.

that's pretty much the attitude the dude has. and this isn't recent. this spans 20+ years. hence why some don't like him. just sayin'

A friend of mine saw the Riverdales when they were opening for Green Day in the mid 90's. They were met with boos and shit being thrown at them from a very young audience. One of the things thrown at them was a watch, which Ben caught. He looked at it, said, "Hmmm... It looks like it's past your bedtimes", smashed it to the ground, then busted into another song. That's probably the wittiest thing ever.

who throws a perfectly good watch on stage? sounds almost made up. then again people throw perfectly good beer on stage too. So who knows.

My friend went to see Green Day. I don't think he would have made it up. Plus, I've seen people throw their shoes at a band so a watch seems more than reasonable. I doubt it was a Rolex.

Because it's cool to hate on Ben Weasel (or whomever), people will jump on the bandwagon. I've never met the man. I'm sure he's a jaded old punk rocker, as most guys his age are.

I've had many encounters with guys in bands. Some of the people were notorious pricks, but were really cool to me. Some of the people were major pricks that other people seemed to have good experiences with. I've come to learn that you can't believe what you hear and that you never know how you're going to occur to someone else. I've never gone around talking shit on people who were dicks to me. In fact, with only one exception, I don't even hold it against them. If you're going around disliking someone because of something you heard about them, you're really lame.

i wasn't implying it was made up. just sounds made up. sorta like a emotron show. it didn't translate well. my bad.

bad people are bad people. 20+ years of shitty attitude and some of it coming from trusted friends you've known since childhood. yeah, you're right, i should take what they have with a grain of salt and make my own conclusions based on my own dealings with him Sure seems lame of me to come to that conclusion that he's an ass after 20+ years of stories being filtered through my head by people. i'm sure they are making it up to tarnish his good name. (rolls eyes) seriously though. i don't hate the dude. dudes an asshole. every asshole is even nice to some. but a asshole nonetheless. :)

hell most of my friends are assholes. and i make that vocal as well sometimes to people i introduce to them.

It's cool to hate Ben Weasel on the Internet (yet more than half the people who do will pay to get into these shows (and have a good time while there)).

i may go, but just to see a few bands. are they selling day passes? i don't care to see SW at all. not because he's a asshole. I don't think they've progressed since the last time i saw them, so. I don't have any reason to see them live. Once i've seen a band once or twice, if they don't really progress in any way (EX: NOFX) i tend to just spend my money or time watching others i haven't seen.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':m88v6onq]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':m88v6onq]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':ur496d6o]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':ur496d6o]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

i guess we'll have to agree to disagree. i am a firm believer that everyone makes personal decisions of who they like or dislike based what others has told them. Anyone who says otherwise is a hypocrite. A example of what he has done was given. sure it was given as an example, but the story isn't a fictitious hyperbole. I know what you are saying, and i understand you're reasoning, but in this instance it's pretty common knowledge the dudes an ass. i'm not making up stories that he raped someone in the summer of 98', or beat up a defenseless woman, or a threw foil in someone's microwave on high and caught their house on fire. Dudes' just a rude and childish asshole. that's it. i'm not spreading anyone elses 3rd party rumors. It's source material mang! :P Gooodnight! I'm out!

Ironically, there are a bunch of people on this board who are defenders of Jeff Ott, an admitted multiple rapist, but some of these same people want to crucify Ben Weasel for being a supposed dick.

I've actually tried to find examples of him being a dick on the internet. The only things I could find was that he doesn't like the Lawrence Arms, liked John McCain, and had a poor split with Asian Man. None of these things make him a dick. I'm not sure what "source material" you're referring to.

jeff's done a lot of horrible shit, dude was fucked up. i've seen him first hand chase a dog down the street, get naked in front of a bunch of minors, etc. high on who knows what. but the dude also has admitted to everything. not just me, but audiences. he's changed his shit around, yet he is a bit of a ass. i don't know i haven't talked to him more than once after he sobered up. and all he talked about is his kid. I'll admit what he did. shit's fucked up, but i also believe in turning your life around. everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Ben is a asshole. big whoop. why is anyone really arguing that he isn't. I gave you the scenerio and have said it's true, if you're blind to see it, then i guess it is what it is. sorry.

is it okay if i don't go because i think screeching weasel sucks?

also, my go-to chicago pizza is not deep dish - it's at gigio's in uptown. the best thin-crust pizza i've ever had (i've lived in suburbs of NYC for ~13 years of my life).

go-to chicago sandwich is a hot dog, because of all the dank shit they put on it. italian beef sandwiches, pizza puffs, etc etc are all fucking terrible. jim's has the best fries in the city.

k?

wow, lot of screeching weasel hate these days...blisterin' my paint...

altho i guess it's pretty much always been that way...

if i still had a job i'd be going to this...

i was stoked when we flew out to richmond for the inquisition shows...

but i did get to see SW songs live at the weasel and friends show in LA, so that was cool...i would go see them if they played close to the Bay Area.

anyway...kinda bummed i can't make it to this...

Ben's an asshole for multiple reasons but I guess the most valid reasons I have involve him getting my good friend suspended from his job just for things my friend said on the internet about SW.

Not to mention what he did to manipulate Jughead to get him to give up the major rights to the Screeching Weasel name, plus his rampage on Toby, who's done way more work to support punk rock with Red Scare than Ben has ever done.