Lost in Translation

Received my clear green one today but it came outside the jacket.

Was hoping for a sealed copy with the original shrink.

I understand some people ship vinyl outside the jacket but it was sold as new ;/

A little frustrating.

Most Japanese packaging is this way. I buy from Big Love Records in Japan and have scored a Happy End record from Japan and this is how they are. They are still considered "new" if that helps your frustration. Besides it actually helps during the transport from not creating any seam splits.

Got mine today and it's pretty warped. I think that might be because the package with squished on one side. Has anyone had much luck with using a heavy book to fix a warped record?

I've had some warped records that have sat on my shelf for years and flattened out a bit.  They were never too warped to play initially though.  I would imagine trying it with a book would work with enough time.

I've had some warped records that have sat on my shelf for years and flattened out a bit. They were never too warped to play initially though. I would imagine trying it with a book would work with enough time.

I'm going to leave a book on it for a few hours and see if that helps. I don't think I want To go the oven method. I know I'll destroy it. Other than that it looks fine. It's not so bad that I'll try and get another or anything.

How long would you suggest? I've never tried this before. Would you say a few days? A week? From what I read online, it suggested putting it near outside but not directly in it? I really don't know. :/

If you can play it, I wouldn't try a thing.  If it is beyond playable, then try something.  Some people have luck with 2 sheets of glass and a warm oven/sunlight.  It is very easy to ruin your record though.

Also, looks like there are some black copies out there too? http://www.ebay.com/itm/V-A-Lost-In-Translation-Soundtrack-LP-NEW-VINYL-unofficial-OST-Kevin-Shields-My-/201103801728

Green and Blue are also up right now