True Grit...

Okay....I'll preface this by saying that I was a little tipsy when I saw this but....I didn't understand anything Jeff Bridges said in this movie. I know some people did...because they would laugh after he would talk...but half of the movie just sounded like him mumbling.

Did anyone else see this and have the same problem or do I just need to try again after not having a few drinks? Haha.

Hahaha. I see I see. I love other Coen brothers films so....yeah. I only had a couple of drinks but I thought about that before we went in how that might be a problem. Also...the volume at this theater seemed to be quieter then most so that probably played a factor as well. It was one of those...fancy...they bring you drinks and food during the movie type theaters. Probably not the best environment for this type of film.

Thanks for the comments though, we will definitely watch it again. Haha.

Okay....I'll preface this by saying that I was a little tipsy when I saw this but....I didn't understand anything Jeff Bridges said in this movie. I know some people did...because they would laugh after he would talk...but half of the movie just sounded like him mumbling.

Did anyone else see this and have the same problem or do I just need to try again after not having a few drinks? Haha.

I had some issues translating the mumbles when I was both sober and drunk watching this at the Alamo, but that movie was pretty damn good. I have not seen the original, but I'm assuming the end ended just as abrupt as the new one.

I'm definitely going to see it again this week just because I fucking lost it when the dude started making animal noises.

I think I need to see this again. I too found myself bored for some reason. I understood everything that was happening so maybe I need to be more awake next time.

Am I the only want that wanted a bit more gun scenes? For some reason (probably due to the word 'grit' being in the title) I was just expecting to see more than there was.

It was one of those...fancy...they bring you drinks and food during the movie type theaters. Probably not the best environment for this type of film.

I dunno, I also saw it at a theater like this, and the addition of Dale's Pale Ale and French Fries definitely didn't hurt ;).

If anything detracted from this movie, it would be the addition of Jason fucking Bourne as a Texas Ranger. Damon played his part well, but I still couldn't get over the simple fact that Matt Damon was in the movie.

I'm definitely going to see it again this week just because I fucking lost it when the dude started making animal noises.

OR you could simply come over to mi casa; we got a DVD quality copy of True Grit (AND Black Swan! #natalieportmangivesmeaboner.)

It was one of those...fancy...they bring you drinks and food during the movie type theaters. Probably not the best environment for this type of film.

I dunno, I also saw it at a theater like this, and the addition of Dale's Pale Ale and French Fries definitely didn't hurt ;).

If anything detracted from this movie, it would be the addition of Jason fucking Bourne as a Texas Ranger. Damon played his part well, but I still couldn't get over the simple fact that Matt Damon was in the movie.

OR you could simply come over to mi casa; we got a DVD quality copy of True Grit (AND Black Swan! #natalieportmangivesmeaboner.)

Baker, I read 'Natalie Port Man Gives Me a Boner'

I'm off this whole week. I'll text you later.

There were a couple of Cogburn's lines that I couldn't understand, but not many. Definitely enjoyed the movie! Couldn't stop laughing at the animal noise guy, or when I'd say "Matt Damon", Team America style in my head.

I continually said "Maatt Daamon" everytime his face showed up on screen...eventually it caught on in the packed theatre, so once the beer settled into the bloodstream's of those who drank it, everyone was saying "maatt daaamon" hahaha