Screamo bands with fragile egos.

tbh, screaming is easy. its 10x easier to write a song with nothing but screams than it is to write a good set of lyrics with a nice hook and sound. i scream and sing, and i do both pretty well. its nice to sometimes understand the words without needing a liner.

and also, i dont like a lot of bands heavy on screams because when you pop in the cd, its hard to tell when one song ends and the other begins.

not knocking u guys though, just so long as your doing what you do.

damn douchebag =]

hah, now everyones happy

when they write a hit like this, get back to me

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=178150

major laughage at the steve urkel cut out.

tbh, screaming is easy. its 10x easier to write a song with nothing but screams than it is to write a good set of lyrics with a nice hook and sound. i scream and sing, and i do both pretty well. its nice to sometimes understand the words without needing a liner.

and also, i dont like a lot of bands heavy on screams because when you pop in the cd, its hard to tell when one song ends and the other begins.

not knocking u guys though, just so long as your doing what you do.

damn douchebag =]

hah, now everyones happy

when they write a hit like this, get back to me

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=178150

alas, the computer im on is being a dbag and not wanting to DL flash

ghey

just because people are standing around (besides the 10 or so girls) doesnt mean you have fans

say what you will. bottom line in the entire situation is that scott didn't review our music - he took a deliberate stab at us just for the sake of doing so - he didn't like us even before he listened. that's not the way a professional company like AP should allow their workers to operate. scott shouldn't have a job unless he can swallow his own pride and listen before he writes. otherwise, pass it on to someone who will do an ACTUAL review. that IS his job, right?

let's do reviews, not low blows.

Dude, you sent your band's CD to me for review (unsolicited, I might add). I actually listened to it (which is something 99% of people working in the music industry will never, ever, ever do) and recognized your band's name from the spam you had been leaving in the comments of the AP myspace profile. I needed a review to fill space, so I threw your band a bone and put it in there, teasing you about your myspace antics, while also telling you what you do well (drumming) and what you don't (your general nu-screamo vibe). Sorry if you're not happy with it, but you're lucky you got anything.

You mailed me the CD, dude. I didn't beg you for a copy. If you don't like getting bad reviews, then don't ever send your music out again.

Also, you'll never, ever be inside the pages of AP again since 1)you're acting this childish, 2)wrote me through my personal myspace page, not the AP page and 3)sicing your fans on this message board because they didn't like your music, either.

Grow up.

just because people are standing around (besides the 10 or so girls) doesnt mean you have fans

say what you will. bottom line in the entire situation is that scott didn't review our music - he took a deliberate stab at us just for the sake of doing so - he didn't like us even before he listened. that's not the way a professional company like AP should allow their workers to operate. scott shouldn't have a job unless he can swallow his own pride and listen before he writes. otherwise, pass it on to someone who will do an ACTUAL review. that IS his job, right?

you should swallow your pride and take all your myspacers and go fuck yourself....a bad review will come with the good reviews...stop crying already....you would think your #1 purvolume and #1 smartpunk (which i looked and arent true) would be good enough....wow someone said something bad about your band, which wasnt even all that bad...seriosuly go search for some thicker skin and take your racist/bigot fans and go somewhwhere else, this is getting old over some review you dont like...who cares

by the way......i am actually going bird watching at the zoo today..i will be sure to say hello to Mike the Ostrich, Terrence the Bat, jeremy the owl, Hobie the hawk, grant the eagle , and spence the sparrow....that bullshit band names was taken years ago....i thought this band was original

no, I think his job title is something a little higher up the food chain at AP, which makes him giving you guys a subpar review even funnier

"This industry needs to be burned to the ground and built back up again; it's broken and it seems less and less likely that it'll be able to be fixed." - http://gizmodo.com/352762/riaa-wants-to-cut-artist-royalties-to-9-apple-wants-them-at-4-artists-just-want-to-eat

I agree with that and I'm now convinced that it applies to EVERY part of the industry and not just the record companies

check this review out!

HANK JONES- Saturdays Of Thunder- Undecided Records

Mediocre brat-punks, who must harbor a large vinyl collection of anything from Gorilla Biscuits, to Youth Of Today, and Burn. This is an "up and down" listen, that is far from intollerable, but Hank Jones drop a sound and approach you can find ten times over in any cutout bin. I DO like their "Pizza Party" track (and video) a hell of alot though- pretty fun. This band does have its moments, but in the longrun, half the tracks are just plain average, and bordering on a waste of one's time. Rating: 5.1 outta' 10. -Deek

www.hankjonesrules.com

you should swallow your pride and take all your myspacers and go fuck yourself....a bad review will come with the good reviews...stop crying already....you would think your #1 purvolume and #1 smartpunk (which i looked and arent true) would be good enough....wow someone said something bad about your band, which wasnt even all that bad...seriosuly go search for some thicker skin and take your racist/bigot fans and go somewhwhere else, this is getting old over some review you dont like...who cares

by the way......i am actually going bird watching at the zoo today..i will be sure to say hello to Mike the Ostrich, Terrence the Bat, jeremy the owl, Hobie the hawk, grant the eagle , and spence the sparrow....that bullshit band names was taken years ago....i thought this band was original

they were true ... I've been a fan of this band for a while now, and I can tell you that they were #1 most downloaded on PureVolume and were pretty high up in Smart Punk when the album was released.

in all honesty, i can see why kids like this band. theyre pretty decent at their instruments, talented dudes. they have that heavy/screamy/singing way about them where their structured lack of structure is interesting enough for people who listen to protest the hero or fall of troy but not spastic enough to alienate casual "screamo" listeners.

however, i hate this shit nowadays. would never listen to it. totally overplayed and uninspired [in MY opinion]. i DO have to admit the overwhelming likelihood that had they been around while i was in high school id probably have been all over their nuts.

for fans of the used, 30sec to mars, my chem, fall of troy, protest the hero.

EVERYONE ELSE NEED NOT APPLY.

now everyone shut up and drink some tea you big babies

[image]

check this review out!

Mediocre brat-punks, who must harbor a large vinyl collection of anything from Gorilla Biscuits, to Youth Of Today, and Burn. This is an "up and down" listen, that is far from intollerable, but Hank Jones drop a sound and approach you can find ten times over in any cutout bin. I DO like their "Pizza Party" track (and video) a hell of alot though- pretty fun. This band does have its moments, but in the longrun, half the tracks are just plain average, and bordering on a waste of one's time. Rating: 5.1 outta' 10. -Deek

www.hankjonesrules.com

now that is funny

check this review out!

www.hankjonesrules.com

now that is funny

dude, i had some links to some fucking BRUTAL reviews... but those sites are all dead now, it fucking sucks! I had someone once write a review saying that we were a musical abortion. fucking amazing! and then we had some sweet reviews, like Lambgoat for some reason likes us! But man, the bad reviews were so good

all the bullshit that is popular now is the ONLY REASON why they are playing the music they are! They just want to be that "bullshit" music too! But little do they know is that they're already bullshit! So no need to try any harder! You can break up now!

ok, you sir have officially lost all talking priveleges. bands are influenced ass. by the music they listen to, their enviroment and the ideas around them. You obviously have never written music.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAA

check this review out!

www.hankjonesrules.com

That review on Punknews was pretty good ;)

check this review out!

www.hankjonesrules.com

honestly the first time i've listened to your band, and i love it. bought both colors of your 7".

in all honesty, i can see why kids like this band. theyre pretty decent at their instruments, talented dudes. they have that heavy/screamy/singing way about them where their structured lack of structure is interesting enough for people who listen to protest the hero or fall of troy but not spastic enough to alienate casual "screamo" listeners.

however, i hate this shit nowadays. would never listen to it. totally overplayed and uninspired [in MY opinion]. i DO have to admit the overwhelming likelihood that had they been around while i was in high school id probably have been all over their nuts.

for fans of the used, 30sec to mars, my chem, fall of troy, protest the hero.

EVERYONE ELSE NEED NOT APPLY.

now everyone shut up and drink some tea you big babies

[image]

oooh big fall of troy fan here lol. though i know thomas cant sing for shit haha. he is damn good at guitar though.

oh well, im over all this now. i still like ink, and they have a lot of my respect for doing what they do.

i'll admit, it is a tad immature to have to defend them, but they do have good reason to be upset.

i wonder why scott listened to the songs on their myspace rather than the cd he was sent though.

and if u look at scotts bands on his page, there is a lot of bands with a similar type of sound as INK. dissapointed with the review, but its whatever, they're still good.