Worst you've ever injured yourself

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number one worst injury, lost my left eye and had half my eyebrow torn off in an accident. Number two is a tie, broke my radius and ulna (forarm) and broke my tibia (rugby player).

Number three I was cutting down a tree for my father and fell out of the tree getting a concussion, broke three ribs and destroyed my collar bone (refused surgery so it is still bent) with an AC fracture of the shoulder.

I wish I still had the tape but I tore open my arm in a rugby game (about 2-3 inches) and my coach needed me back in the game so we glued my arm shut. My list goes on and on but those were the worst. This should go in the most manly thred. walked on the tibia for a month before I could take off work and the only time ever took any pain meds was for two days due to the broken ribs (sucks not being able to sleep).

no decent pics (all came out really blurry since i was having constant muscle spams and couldn't hold it still), but i cut my left big toe off on the last day of school in 03. got out at 9:30 am and cut my toe off my 11:30 am. made for a really shitty summer. lawnmowers = evil.

Damn, could they re-attach it? My favorite gym teacher at school cut off the tops of her index and middle finger last week trying to unclog her snow blower. They couldn't re-attach them...

it's there, but it doesn't really do anything. and the nail is growing out of like the top joint now, so every 6-12 months i have to go in and get that ripped out. the dr has tried to kill the nail like 6 times now and has had no luck. basically, it growns in under the skin by the joint, and after 6 months or so it gets this hard hunk of nail in it that looks like a tooth and is the same size of one. not a fun time.

Number one worst injury, lost my left eye and had half my eyebrow torn off in an accident. Number two is a tie, broke my radius and ulna (forarm) and broke my tibia (rugby player).

Number three I was cutting down a tree for my father and fell out of the tree getting a concussion, broke three ribs and destroyed my collar bone (refused surgery so it is still bent) with an AC fracture of the shoulder.

I wish I still had the tape but I tore open my arm in a rugby game (about 2-3 inches) and my coach needed me back in the game so we glued my arm shut. My list goes on and on but those were the worst. This should go in the most manly thred. walked on the tibia for a month before I could take off work and the only time ever took any pain meds was for two days due to the broken ribs (sucks not being able to sleep).

i think you win. you lost an eye?

i think you win. you lost an eye?

Yeah, I'd agree. Losing an eye is pretty hardcore.

I lost two fingers on my left hand in a lawnmower accident when I was a kid (they were reattached and work fine, miraculously. They get pretty sore sometimes though). I also apparently hit my head pretty hard at some point skateboarding. I had an MRI for a car accident and they found an "anomaly, " something about enlarged ventricles. I may have to have brain surgery at some point.

This isn't my injury, but last night I was playing hockey for the intramural league at Syracuse Univ, and we were talking about injuries, inspired by the Zednik incident the other day. Someone on the other team was going without a facemask, something I only do with my friends and other people I know rather than bar-leagues or something. But anyway, we were talking about how even in the intramurals, we didn't think it was a good idea to go no-facemask. Sure enough, about 45 seconds into the game, the kid gets a tooth knocked out and bled pretty bad from the mouth.