Worst you've ever injured yourself

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broke my tailbone twice, once skateboarding, the other time (6 months later) slipping on a wet floor in the kitchen

Broke my toes jumping to get something on top of the refrigerator when i was about 10

Broke my arm jumping down a swing and landing on slippery grass, which made me fall with my arm twisted under my back

Broke many fingers

Twisted my ankles many times

I fell on my face while playing tag when i was about 6 and dislocated my jaw. It was hanging there, gross

Dislocated my arm

^^ those were all the worst in their own way.. haha

EDIT: no pics

i dont have pix but i had appendicitis basically TWICE (i know this is impossible, but allow me to regale you). so, january of my freshman year of high school i was like OMG WTF my stomach is KILLING. i couldn't stand up or eat or anything. i went to the doctors office and i was like omg wtf my stomach is KILLING. he prescribed me penicillin and it went away for the time being.

FAST FORWARD 6 MONTHS LATER

or june, whichever. SO FIRST week after school ended i was partying it up with my friends. i dyed my hair sea green and all of a sudden OMG WTF my stomach is KILLING. so, i went to the hospital and got an ultra sound (yeah, laugh it up), and they found out my appendix was SUPER BIG. turns out, i had appendicitis that ENTIRE time (6 months) and it had only been treated with penicillan. so, they see my appendix and are like 'omg this is about to burst like NOW we need to get you into surgery.' so, i had surgery and everything was fine. they said that if i had waiting another ten hours or so my appendix would have exploded.

funny side note - i had tried meth the night before my stomach started hurting. i think i was more scared of coming up positive for methamphetamines than having my appendix burst. i have a rad scar too.

No pictures but a few stories.

Broke my hand when I was 8 while riding my bike. That fuckin hurt.

Sliced my finger open with a razon blade at 11 and needed 6 stiches.

Had a friend hit me in the mouth with his head while at a show. I bit into my tougne really badly and it was all swollen for two weeks.

Three weeks later the same friend was crowd surfing and was dropped. His heal came down right between my eyes and laid me out with a minor concussion.

I guess my worse when when I was 1 or 2 years old. Somehow I got a hold of a wooden Salad fork, and was running with it in my mouth from my mom and fell forward. It went right up into the roof of my mouth. I went to the hospital in an ambulance, and all I remember is coming home with my dad in a panic because my mom and I were gone and there was blood all the over floor and cabinets and no one called him to tell him what happened.

Three weeks later the same friend was crowd surfing and was dropped. His heal came down right between my eyes and laid me out with a minor concussion.

OUCH

i also forgot, i stabbed myself in my left palm with a steak knife. i was cutting these rock hard brownies i made and i really wanted one. i was an idiot and was scraping the bottom of the pan, trying to get it out. needless to say, it slipped out and i stabbed myself right in the middle of my hand (that was holding the pan). it wasn't deep. it sucked. no stiches, didnt see a doctor. a few weeks pass and i'm as right as rain.

I have a metal plate and 10 1/2 screws in my right ankle from when I broke it when I was 17 (I'll explain the 1/2 screw later). I'm bummed my ankle doesn't beep in airport metal detectors. However, I do have two gnarly scars, one on either side of my ankle!

I also broke the hell out of my right arm when I was 12 at the Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C., while walking down the stairs. Not falling; walking.

I also have a wicked story of why my two front teeth are dead, but I don't have time to write it up now.

oh crap. yeah, i forgot. i had to get a root canal on one of my front teeth. i think like some lighterfluid got on it or something (i'm really not sure what happened) and it got infected. it hurt so bad. it was SO close to falling out. when i had the temporary crown, i mustve broke that shit like 4 times. the actual crown i have now is ok. i am terrified that it will fall out. it feels loose some times.

No pics, but my worst are when I broke my wrist falling off my bike when I was 8. Not only that but it wasn't setting right in the cast so the cut the cast off and reset my arm, which was fucking awful.

Also, last summer I cut my pinky and ring fingers on my right hand down to the bone, but couldn't get them stitched up because I was camping on an island with no electricity or anything, and the only way off was on a ferry.

i stuck my finger, underneath the nail, with a mechanical pencil. its still there.

...um, aside from a car accident, i got nothin'.

ouch. pencil stuff seems to last forever. i still have a faint grey mark where my sister stabbed me in the hand with a pencil on the way to school.

I guess my worse when when I was 1 or 2 years old. Somehow I got a hold of a wooden Salad fork, and was running with it in my mouth from my mom and fell forward. It went right up into the roof of my mouth. I went to the hospital in an ambulance, and all I remember is coming home with my dad in a panic because my mom and I were gone and there was blood all the over floor and cabinets and no one called him to tell him what happened.

that hurt my mouth so much when i read that

I didn't do it to myself, but I pissed someone off in a hockey game and got laid out after the whistle in a retaliatory shot. I was at that perfect distance from the boards where it's potentially deadly, and I went headfirst into the boards backwards... like... I was facing centerice when I got hit so I had my back to the boards. I spent 45 minutes on the ice out cold, then spent the next 4 or so hours laying on a hospital bed after x-rays recovering my feeling and movement. I somehow shocked myself into temporary paralysis.

About 4 years ago I got home from a show and was carrying a monitor down a flight of stairs into the basement of my parents house, and I slipped (it was snowing outside and my feet were wet). As I fell down the stairs the monitor apparently landed directly on my left thumb, breaking it into 8 pieces from the knuckle up. That hurt.