Why I Love eBay

$10 is a bit much. If the seller plans on adding things like Priority, delivery confirmation and insurance in that price then he should make it known. I would much rather pay someone $7-8 for all that stuff then $3 for a crap ass media mail no tracking packing job.

Exactly. I asked a legitimate question and got a douchebag response. That's the only thing I was trying to convey, lol. Personally I have no problem with media mail and will wait a few extra days to save some money.

Yeah but the way you worded it was pretty douchey in itself. The seller has 100% feedback. He is aware how much it costs to mail a record. A heavy double lp record isn't always $3 to mail. You certainly could have worded your question better. You got the answer your wording deserved unfortunately.

reporting auction for excessive shipping never gets anything done. as soon as there is a bid ebay just ignores it because they're making money off the auction. it's unfortunate because more and more sellers are charging way more than they should for shipping just to make more money. before the $4 shipping cap there were tons of auctions with really high shipping costs, then for a while after the shipping cap was implemented it was alright. but now it's gotten bad again as people figured out ways to circumvent the cap. i've seen prices like $15 for priority and $7 for media over the last few months, which it way higher than it should be.

but with that said sometimes the higher shipping works in your favor, as plenty of people write off the auctions after seeing the shipping charges. sometimes you wind up winning the auction for well cheaper than the going rate, even after figuring in the shipping cost. do i condone the practice of overcharging for shipping, no, but occasionally it wokrs to your advantage.