Wearing band shirts

if more people in this country would listen to stacy and clinton, it would be a better place.

Yessssssss!

<3 Stacy and Clinton.

WNTW: making America look less fat and ugly one moron at a time.

i wish i could nominate my entire office for that show.

also, i was shopping with the boy the other day and tried on a lightweight jacket at h&m. i was contemplating whether to buy it or not and this comes out of his mouth: 'you should get it. it belts at the waist and accentuates your hourglass figure. ....what? i watch 'what not to wear' sometimes, too!'

...then he acknowledged how much they would harass him about how he dresses.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things that make you look like a douche:

Wearing a shirt of the band you're going to see.

Wearing a shirt of a band that members of the band you're seeing were in at one point (ie - wearing a Braid shirt to a Hey Mercedes show).

Wearing your own band's shirt. This should never be done, especially when playing a show. The only exception is if you've run out of clean shirts and you need to steal one from the merch box, at which point you must turn it inside out.

These aren't rules, just common sense.

Was the person who made fun of you your friend? It wasn't some random concert goer was it?

nah it was a friend. well we actually met because we got a ride to the concert together, but i guess we were friends by the time she made fun of me haha

That's cool, good to hear it wasn't just some random person.

Wearing a shirt of a band that members of the band you're seeing were in at one point (ie - wearing a Braid shirt to a Hey Mercedes show).

Wearing your own band's shirt. This should never be done, especially when playing a show. The only exception is if you've run out of clean shirts and you need to steal one from the merch box, at which point you must turn it inside out.

I used to share a house with a guy who was in a band, all members of said band would more often than not wear their own band's t-shirts when playing shows.

I thought it looked a bit silly.

I used to share a house with a guy who was in a band, all members of said band would more often than not wear their own band's t-shirts when playing shows.

Only the Ramones were allowed to do that.

Only the Ramones were allowed to do that.

Haha. I was just about to put this.

Metallica wore their own t-shirts in 84.

Yeah, if you're still wearing band shirts at 30, something is wrong with your life.

Oh wait, I'm 30.

If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right

Double don't make your own shirt for a concert, especially teenage girls with a dozen or so band names written in bubble paint on a plain t-shirt at a festival.

Pearl Jam also plays the "wear the most obscure tour shirt" game to a lesser extent.

I knew I fucked up earlier this year when I went to a Hank III show wearing my Johnny Cash flipping off the camera shirt when the dude taking IDs told me I was the fourth person he saw wearing that shirt. I should've known better.

people who wear bands shirts to their shows simply look like theyre trying too hard. as if they want recognition for liking the band more than the guy next to them who isnt wearing one. and i dont know why i get this impression- but it even seems like people do it in the eternal hopes that they meet the band.. and that the band knows how much they like them. its stupid, but so is wearing the shirt.

dont do it.

leave it to the paramore girls...

Guest errolwest

oh word! have you ever been to a show out there? its pretty weird.

No I haven't haha. I figure it's going to just be a bunch of 15 yr olds. I might just go in Saskatoon I'm not sure yet.

any show at that venue/fort quappelle in general, is guaranteed for hilarity.

the bartender once asked me if i was gay, because of my semi colourful plaid shirt. haha

Most of the band shirts I own I got after seeing the band live, and since most of the shows I go to are relatively small, I'm pretty much guaranteed to meet whoever was playing. There's a difference between wearing a band's shirt at an arena show and wearing a band's shirt at a coffee house show and chatting it up with the band before and after their set.