limited pressing

I will start off by saying it's crazy how much this website has flourished and branched off to help other people with getting music out there.

but this site is not very user friendly I remember the main attraction being the auctions now there isn't a single mention of auctions on the main page.after being on this site for 5 minutes I still cant figure out how to look at the auctions, but it will let me create one.

you have to go to the community section for the auctions. it took me forever to figure it out. but since they changed the design of pretty much the entire site, it is now impossible to navigate. especially the auctions. it seems there is now more of a focus on the stores than the auctions, when before it was the opposite.

It is hard to search for auctions when there aren't any up. I know that one time they made changes to the site they disabled auctions while the switch was made. Also, if you think it is impossible to find the auctions section you are stupid. You can go here http://limitedpressing.com/auctions , or scroll down to the bottom and it has an auctions link, or click community and then click the auctions tab, or ctrl+f "auction" at the main page, or http://lmgtfy.com/?q=limited+pressing+auction .

I bought 4 items from LP auctions about a year ago, but now I can't even find the auction section. I can find the auction page where it explains what service they offer, and it asks if I want to "auction something", but I can't see a list of active auctions or search through their auctions. Maybe there aren't any up now?

I bought 4 items from LP auctions about a year ago, but now I can't even find the auction section. I can find the auction page where it explains what service they offer, and it asks if I want to "auction something", but I can't see a list of active auctions or search through their auctions. Maybe there aren't any up now?
thank you !!! this is all that is showing up for me aswell, like thanks thats great now can I please LOOK at the damn auctions ? I don't want to sell something just let me look

This shit has been driving me crazy. I loved the place before the change even though I felt it was a little bit broken. Now it just seems like they wanna suck some label dick. I understand that they gotta make some money somehow but fuck me if it isn't a nightmare to navigate that thing. Fuck, That's where I've been trying to catalog my records. I'm pretty new to the internerdening aspect of it all. Should I go somewhere else?

sorry for the confusion everyone. The auction system is really just a personal auction system now. You can list auctions and then spread your link to the various social networks, put the link in your sig, post it on the boards, you can also make friends on LP with people who regularly auction items and their new auctions will appear in your news feed. But there's no section that shows all the auctions.

The link to your auctions that I'm talking about, is to your own auction list inside your profile. For instance, the dude above me with The Mad - Eyeball, his link would be http://limitedpressing.com/users/4062/auctions

Now the obvious question is why did we change the way it works. Well there's a few reasons, but the one that's most important to the people reading this thread is we're going to be concentrating on a new DIY selling service that should take the place of auctions at some point. Launch date is not set in stone, but it should be very soon. I think it will be pretty popular. Especially with the people on VC.

Also in the meantime we added a 30 day auction feature. Helps out when you just want to keep a link somewhere like your signature. Thanks

http://www.kbdrecords.com/2007/06/12/the-mad-eyeball-7/

i have to agree with the majority...i dunno how i feel about the site anymore. most of the things that initially attracted me to the site and were easy to find and use are now buried in submenu upon submenu. I too agree its gotten a bit crazy to find the things that you are trying to find. its not as intuitive and user friendly as it was when it first opened. i think all the functionality is still there though i think it'd be more popular if you had easier access or quick links to some of the key features that brought the site to fruition instead of focusing just on opening an online store

bummer that the global auction section has been done away with...

The "Deal" thing isnt working for me. I was trying to set one up that was agreed on via PM, but neither one of use could select records off of my list. But I could pick stuff off od his and add it to the deal just fine. Bogus.

The lack of a prominent and easy link to the auctions is lame too. Good to know I am not the only one who was confused last time I checked it out.

The "Deal" thing isnt working for me. I was trying to set one up that was agreed on via PM, but neither one of use could select records off of my list. But I could pick stuff off od his and add it to the deal just fine. Bogus.

I think this is because you probably don't have things in your list marked as "Accept Trade Offers" or "Accept Cash Offers". I don't know if this is actually the reason because I haven't seen your list, but I know it doesn't let people trade things that are "off limits", which is smart.