PO: The Starting Line - Two EPs on 10" Vinyl 2/7

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't tell where the spine is on the jacket but if you have to remove it from the Jacket to listen to it, then its pretty useless In My Opinion, and will end up broken and ripped or just more of a hassle than anything. I've got so many record with em and I usually see them as more annoying than anything, minus a few releases. Same thing if its holding the two releases together in a sort of bonding thing. which would be pretty jacked up but they look nice and as long as the people who bought it are happy, then thats all that should matter.

The obi-strips were a means of bundling the 2 records & liner notes together into 1 package and have a place to number the edition out of 100 - kind of like a cheaper alternative to a box or something.

A friend of mine and I are currently working on 100 hand made wooden boxes that are stained, screen printed, & lacquered to house the Early November vinyl for the 2-pack of those releases. It's damn well made & won't break in shipping like those Murder by Death boxes are, so go ahead and start discussing how useless this nice box that my friend and I are going to end up putting 100+ hours into now so by the time they're finished all the insults are done with and we can worry about other things

While not chosing sides here, i think you guys are misunderstanding what Brent is saying. He is saying that it adds to the price of the record therefore making it worthless. Meanwhile color variants dont normally add to the price. i could be wrong, i am worthless.

No I got that. It's mostly the first point he made. Which was:

Does the box make it sound better? No.

The same can be said for color variants. Plus if he ever bought a Fat colored vinyl they usually are more expensive.

While not chosing sides here, i think you guys are misunderstanding what Brent is saying. He is saying that it adds to the price of the record therefore making it worthless. Meanwhile color variants dont normally add to the price. i could be wrong, i am worthless.

All I was debating was the fact that he basically called anything that doesn't improve the sound quality "worthless." And he is wrong about that.