PO: The Starting Line - Two EPs on 10" Vinyl 2/7

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just recently made my first order with mylene sheath and yes they do package their stuff really well. Also, I've gotten recent order's from southern lord and they have both come in this bubble wrap type sleeve. Fits directly over the record with enough room to cover all sides. I had never seen that.

I just recently made my first order with mylene sheath and yes they do package their stuff really well. Also, I've gotten recent order's from southern lord and they have both come in this bubble wrap type sleeve. Fits directly over the record with enough room to cover all sides. I had never seen that.

+1

Just want to keep the Mylene Sheath love going! But if they released the Starting Line, it would have messed with me existentially.

got mine today. no shipping notification. terrible packing job. the flyer with the label's upcoming releases was practically sliding out of the mailer because it wasn't sealed all the way. miraculously the record seems to be in fine condition - no split seams or anything. it does kind of look like shit, really basic, i paid $18-20 for it (i can't remember the exact total) and i really have no idea why it cost that much. soooo overpriced. haven't listened to it yet though so i hope it sounds good.

i really want those TEN records but i also don't want to give this label any more of money.

edit spelling error

+1

Just want to keep the Mylene Sheath love going!

got mine today. no shipping notification. terrible packing job. the flyer with the label's upcoming releases was practically sliding out of the mailer because it wasn't sealed all the way. miraculously the record seems to be in fine condition - no split seams or anything. it does kind of look like shit, really basic, i paid $18-20 for it (i can't remember the exact total) and i really have no idea why it cost that much. soooo overpriced. haven't listened to it yet though so i hope it sounds good.

i really want those TEN records but i also don't want to give this label any more of money.

edit spelling error

Same here. i don't want to buy them and having to worry about seam splits. Or even paying ridiculous shipping for that matter

edit spelling error

Same here. i don't want to buy them and having to worry about seem splits. Or even paying ridiculous shipping for that matter

only the first 1/4 of the non collector edition orders were packed without bubbler wrap and poly sleeves. The rest are going to be shipped correctly throughout the next week(minus wed-fri where ill be at sxsw)...Sorry again to anyone this effected, anyone who has serious damage email me some pics and well work something out. The rets of all the orders and future releases will all be shipped either shrink wrapped or records outside the jacket in a poly sleeve.

Just came in here to say I guess some of you have had really bad luck. I've had like 6 or 7 10" records mailed to me in an LP mailer with nothing bad happening. I guess I'm just lucky?

I only got 3 emails so far so i think most of these people didnt even order the record and just are haters. Regardless will including bubble wrap and poly sleeves in all future orders. Apologies to anyone who this effected

Just came in here to say I guess some of you have had really bad luck. I've had like 6 or 7 10" records mailed to me in an LP mailer with nothing bad happening. I guess I'm just lucky?

I only got 3 emails so far so i think most of these people didnt even order the record and just are haters. Regardless will including bubble wrap and poly sleeves in all future orders. Apologies to anyone who this effected

make that 4, and i've never been a hater :-/

Stupid haters >:(

Your a fucking dildo dude.

How can you actually take pride in this? You do realize that these records are only selling because another label did the handy work. I'm sure you don't have the slightest clue on how your records are even mastered over at GZ.

You sell test pressings that will be worth 5 bucks in a year for 70 bucks!. I've seen old Lookout test pressings sell for half that. And you have 24 of the things.

Everybody fucks up an occasional order, or makes mistakes. But damn, this whole operation is just full of tomfuckery.

I mean mine wasn't fucked up... guess I'm lucky too. But this release + shipping was completely overpriced. I bought it anyway because I love the one record, it's a choice I made so I can't really complain too much I guess, I could have opted out.

But if someone is going to reissue a record and be like, "this is so cool I'm putting this out bc i love the band what an awesome opportunity," I think they should put some fucking effort into it. I paid $5.50 for shipping that cost $2?? That extra $3.50 per order couldn't have gone towards buying sleeves and mailers that were the correct size? I'm going to guess that he paid for the LP mailers, why not just buy a 10" mailer? 500 10" sleeves go for $75. That's $.15 each. It is so apparent that this kid doesn't give a shit about his releases and I feel like if you're gonna do something why not make it the best it could possibly be?

I feel this way and my record wasn't even damaged... I'm sure everyone who had seam splits etc feel the same or are more pissed.

Make it 5. I'll be emailing you tonight, just haven;t had the chance to take pictures yet.

Stupid haters >:(

Your a fucking dildo dude.

How can you actually take pride in this? You do realize that these records are only selling because another label did the handy work. I'm sure you don't have the slightest clue on how your records are even mastered over at GZ.

You sell test pressings that will be worth 5 bucks in a year for 70 bucks!. I've seen old Lookout test pressings sell for half that. And you have 24 of the things.

Everybody fucks up an occasional order, or makes mistakes. But damn, this whole operation is just full of tomfuckery.

dildo. lol

you're*

+1

just wanted to say that Mylene Sheath video is incredible. Also good to know, cuz that's how I pack my records!

they're amazing, they make buying records feel like a family affair or something. they send out a postcard every christmas season. but then again, they press with Pirates Press and go a little crazy on the variants....i guess they're guilty just the same. maybe it's because the bands they release are so damn good. ;) forgiven.

i hope they told the person that received all those run over and tossed in the air records that they were apart of the video haha. they tape their boxes more than i do. i need to beef up my tape jobs!

i don't even hate on ETR. i don't really care what someone does as far as a licensing or original material label. they're both investing in a band they're passionate about, whether for money or personal satisfaction or whatever drives them. shit, i'm jealous of a label either way. i love the idea but doubt i'll ever chase the dream myself. i'm terrible at saving money and would rather blow it on records. i was way more into the idea in 2006 personally, although now seems like the more appropriate time for vinyl.

i haven't bought a release from ETR until 24 hours ago, and only because it was $13ppd from the sales thread. The Juliana Theory - Music From Another Room. i didn't buy this (or any other pressings) from ETR for these reasons:

1. a picture disc (shit quality and a few complaints right away about surface noise)

2. overpriced for an EP (yes, i know picture discs expensive but you can make silver and gold vinyl on the affordable side too)

3. pictures of the BLACK VINYL with screened test presses were posted and i knew they'd be overpriced as well, but i was holding out on maybe picking that up after a period of time for a decent price since it looked the best.

4. every test press has been the better looking of each release. better vinyl choices too for the most part. i'll pass on anything on white vinyl.

5. i'm not a huge fan of anything on DTR except Finch "What It Is To Burn". TEN does nothing for me, TSL is alright but i'd rather have an LP over an EP.

more power to the guy to continue licensing more albums he wants to press, hopefully something i'll maybe have interest in preordering. i could care less about his attitude towards potential customers. i've dealt with plenty of shitty record label people that don't even seem like they want to sell any of their records to you. it's been that way for years. it's hit or miss with label dudes/ladies.

to quote a famous female on VC, "haters gonna hate!"

ps. learn how to ship your fricken records, dude. fo'real. it's the easiest part of putting out a record. i'm sure you have plenty of experience in the process by now. if you run out of supplies, i'm sure a 24 hour Walmart will be open to save your ass. we all have jobs and we all have some sort of free time in life.