PO: The Starting Line - Two EPs on 10" Vinyl 2/7

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I want to make it clear that I do not work for the label - I just did the screen printing and design work and happened to ship the 2-packs because I had all of the screen printed extras in my possession.

The packaging situation seems to be getting worse and I want to make sure once more that it's clear that I did not ship any of the orders I sent out the same way the label did. EVERY 2-pack order was shipped with the record outside of the sleeve and inside of a poly sleeve w/ a cardboard stiffening insert.

I just wanted to make it public that I did not have anything to do with everything that's fucked up - I work hard on this shit I do for this label and other people and I don't want my name and reputation getting mixed up with what has happened.

Also - I want to help out anyone who had the fucked up sleeves - I don't have any extra sleeves to send people obviously, but if we can get enough people together and you can pay $3 to cover shipping costs & $1 towards the cost of blank 10" sleeves, I'll print some custom sleeves w/ the album artwork up for everyone who had fucked up ones for free. You'll have to show a photo of the fucked sleeves though so I'm not ending up giving away a bunch of starting line sleeves to random people who didn't even buy the album

well, thats nice of you, but it shouldnt be your responsibility, it should be the labels problem to deal with.

I would just be pissed if I had a fucked up sleeve - and since I've got the ability to make these for people (i have film already printed so I just need to burn a screen) I could easily do it. So as long as no money comes out of my pocket besides for making the screen & ink costs I'm down with doing it

well, thats nice of you, but it shouldnt be your responsibility, it should be the labels problem to deal with.

I would just be pissed if I had a fucked up sleeve - and since I've got the ability to make these for people (i have film already printed so I just need to burn a screen) I could easily do it. So as long as no money comes out of my pocket besides for making the screen & ink costs I'm down with doing it

thats a very stand up thing to do!

First off I want to make it clear that I do not work for the label - I just did the screen printing and design work and happened to ship the 2-packs because I had all of the screen printed extras in my possession.

The packaging situation seems to be getting worse and I want to make sure once more that it's clear that I did not ship any of the orders I sent out the same way the label did. EVERY 2-pack order was shipped with the record outside of the sleeve and inside of a poly sleeve w/ a cardboard stiffening insert.

I just wanted to make it public that I did not have anything to do with everything that's fucked up - I work hard on this shit I do for this label and other people and I don't want my name and reputation getting mixed up with what has happened.

Regardless of if you "work" for the label or not, you do work for the label. Your name is getting mixed up. You are involved with a person who has no business running a business/label, not sure what else you expected to happen.

Also, lol at shipping 10"s in an LP mailer.

Regardless of if you "work" for the label or not, you do work for the label. Your name is getting mixed up. You are involved with a person who has no business running a business/label, not sure what else you expected to happen.

For one, I won't be posting the preorder threads for them anymore - hopefully that can clear things up a little bit.

I made the vc board promo code to knock down the shipping cost a bit but i still needa buy tape, mailers, labels, bubble wrap plus pay people to help me package(its already over 300 orders)..no one takes that shit into account, its time and money besides just the price on the sticker

glad that money got well spent did ya???

Awesome @ Whoever bought those test pressings!

Thank God this "label" doesn't actually have to the legwork of the recording, ordering inserts, mastering, plating, promotion etc. If there wasn't a one stop shop for em, God knows how fucked up everything would be.

que all the people standing up for this label. Chime in and "back hard"

This label could make an awesome SNL skit, a bunch of dildo's trying to run a label, without a clue of how to do it. Hiring a staff to pack orders, charging obscene amounts for shipping. selling 24 test presses for 70 bucks.

Godspeed young man, Godspeed.

One of the sole reasons I still come back to this board every now and then. Whenever I'm feeling down in the dumps, the sheer comical aspects of this board turn that frown upside down.

Indeed. You would think that the stupidity would have left with the Virge, but nope, it was here all along.

Also - I want to help out anyone who had the fucked up sleeves - I don't have any extra sleeves to send people obviously, but if we can get enough people together and you can pay $3 to cover shipping costs & $1 towards the cost of blank 10" sleeves, I'll print some custom sleeves w/ the album artwork up for everyone who had fucked up ones for free. You'll have to show a photo of the fucked sleeves though so I'm not ending up giving away a bunch of starting line sleeves to random people who didn't even buy the album

+1...I need new sleeves.

For those who had split seems on the jackets. I am VERY VERY sorry, If the damage is really bad then please email me some pics to [email protected] and I will refund part of your shipping cost. I realized the issue a at the end of last week and since started putting bubble wrap in the mailers to prevent sliding. I ran out of supplies at the start of the week so only the first 100 or so non collector packs were shipped like that. All of the collector packs were shipping properly with 10in poly sleeves and the records outside the jackets. I have since bought 10in poly sleeves and will be shipping out the rest in those as well. Straight up, I fucked up on this one and I apologize to the people it effected. We will do our best for this issue to never happen again with our webstore. I knows tons of people on here love to hate on me and what im doing so to those who decide to stay loyal, thanks for your support.

I ordered a two-pack so I'm sure mine will be fine, but I love custom sleeves and I would be down to pay extra and buy them for my copies if you do this.

For those who had split seems on the jackets. I am VERY VERY sorry, If the damage is really bad then please email me some pics to [email protected] and I will refund part of your shipping cost. I realized the issue a at the end of last week and since started putting bubble wrap in the mailers to prevent sliding. I ran out of supplies at the start of the week so only the first 100 or so non collector packs were shipped like that. All of the collector packs were shipping properly with 10in poly sleeves and the records outside the jackets. I have since bought 10in poly sleeves and will be shipping out the rest in those as well. Straight up, I fucked up on this one and I apologize to the people it effected. We will do our best for this issue to never happen again with our webstore. I knows tons of people on here love to hate on me and what im doing so to those who decide to stay loyal, thanks for your support.

[image]

i don't understand how you failed to order the correct shipping supplies knowing months in advance that you were going to be shipping 10"s instead of LPs. or why you would run out of said supplies when you knew how many records you pressed.

at least you're willing to admit your mistakes, though it blows my mind that it happened in the first place.