PO: The Starting Line - Two EPs on 10" Vinyl 2/7

For those who had split seems on the jackets. I am VERY VERY sorry, If the damage is really bad then please email me some pics to [email protected] and I will refund part of your shipping cost. I realized the issue a at the end of last week and since started putting bubble wrap in the mailers to prevent sliding. I ran out of supplies at the start of the week so only the first 100 or so non collector packs were shipped like that. All of the collector packs were shipping properly with 10in poly sleeves and the records outside the jackets. I have since bought 10in poly sleeves and will be shipping out the rest in those as well. Straight up, I fucked up on this one and I apologize to the people it effected. We will do our best for this issue to never happen again with our webstore. I knows tons of people on here love to hate on me and what im doing so to those who decide to stay loyal, thanks for your support.

Wait so let me get this straight. You packaged your product so poorly that the product YOUR CUSTOMERS ordered were damaged beyond repair and you are going to refund PART of their shipping cost?(when both the product and shipping were overpriced to begin with) Do you understand who asinine that sounds?

I'm sorry but saying "you will do your best to have this issue never happen again" isn't enough. None of these people give a shit about any of your future orders because none of them are dumb enough to ever order from you again. They are worried about the overpriced, damaged product you sent them now.

It's amazing that the guy who doesn't even work for your label is the only one giving a reasonable solution to make this right. You should be paying him to manufacture as many new sleeves as needed and pay the cost to ship it to your customers who you sent damaged products to. THAT IS HOW YOU RUN A BUSINESS THE RIGHT WAY.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who had split seems on the jackets. I am VERY VERY sorry, If the damage is really bad then please email me some pics to [email protected] and I will refund part of your shipping cost. I realized the issue a at the end of last week and since started putting bubble wrap in the mailers to prevent sliding. I ran out of supplies at the start of the week so only the first 100 or so non collector packs were shipped like that. All of the collector packs were shipping properly with 10in poly sleeves and the records outside the jackets. I have since bought 10in poly sleeves and will be shipping out the rest in those as well. Straight up, I fucked up on this one and I apologize to the people it effected. We will do our best for this issue to never happen again with our webstore. I knows tons of people on here love to hate on me and what im doing so to those who decide to stay loyal, thanks for your support.

A new sleeve > partial shipping refund

Wait so let me get this straight. You packaged your product so poorly that the product YOUR CUSTOMERS ordered were damaged beyond repair and you are going to refund PART of their shipping cost?(when both the product and shipping were overpriced to begin with) Do you understand who asinine that sounds?

I'm sorry but saying "you will do your best to have this issue never happen again"; isn't enough. None of these people give a shit about any of your future orders because none of them are dumb enough to ever order from you again. They are worried about the overpriced, damaged product you sent them now.

It's amazing that the guy who doesn't even work for your label is the only one giving a reasonable solution to make this right. You should be paying him to manufacture as many new sleeves as needed and pay the cost to ship it to your customers who you sent damaged products to. THAT IS HOW YOU RUN A BUSINESS THE RIGHT WAY.

Pretty sure they will..

Man there are so many whining little cocksuckers on this board. The guy gives a discount code, then tells everyone how he is going to take back the orders from people that ordered 15 so other people can get them and all you bitches can do is give him shit. He didn't need to do any of that.

For all of you complaining about the shipping cost, I hope your records get CRUSHED in the mail.

MY WISH CAME TRUE!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No just kidding. In reality I feel like an ass now for sticking up for this guy because he obviously doesn't know how to conduct a business. Actually he sounds like a huge fucking moron. Anyone who has mailed out records knows you can't mail them out the way he did. What an amatuer.

I managed to get the 2 packs and I'm thankful that the othere guy is handeling them.

I think offering a "partial refund on the shipping cost" and thats it, is straight up insulting and moronic. You better do a lot more than that or go into business under another name if you ever want people to buy from you again.

i ordered the RX Bandits lp with my 2 starting line records....I enjoyed all 3 releases when I was younger....I guess the RX Bandits record acted as a nice stiffiner and I didn't have any issues with seam splits...but I've received several records with seam splits before...and I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about. I agree this guy seems a bit clueless as far as running his "label"...but I also feel like there's far too many people making quite a to-do over nothing here as well. I think it's poor planning on ETRs end to just now include poly sleeves with the orders as well though. Essentially all the orders that shipped early just don't get poly sleeves?? I realize that Poly Sleeves are rather cheap, and just as minor an offense as seam splits and shipping 10" records in 12" mailers, but I don't own nearly as many 10" records as 12" records...so I've yet to purchase a package of just 10" poly sleeves...just seems poorly planned and poorly executed. Only the 2-packs getting the Liner Notes is a bit strange as well...I can understand the two-pack getting this superfluous "Obi Strip" to pack 'em together, but not dropping Liner Notes in the other albums is just strange. Hopefully ETR learns from this experience and everybody's gripes and puts together a legit release next time around. I realize you can't please all the people all the time, but it appears that there are only about 100 of his customers that aren't complaining....yet.

i ordered the RX Bandits lp with my 2 starting line records....I enjoyed all 3 releases when I was younger....I guess the RX Bandits record acted as a nice stiffiner and I didn't have any issues with seam splits...but I've received several records with seam splits before...and I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about. I agree this guy seems a bit clueless as far as running his "label"...but I also feel like there's far too many people making quite a to-do over nothing here as well. I think it's poor planning on ETRs end to just now include poly sleeves with the orders as well though. Essentially all the orders that shipped early just don't get poly sleeves?? I realize that Poly Sleeves are rather cheap, and just as minor an offense as seam splits and shipping 10" records in 12" mailers, but I don't own nearly as many 10" records as 12" records...so I've yet to purchase a package of just 10" poly sleeves...just seems poorly planned and poorly executed. Only the 2-packs getting the Liner Notes is a bit strange as well...I can understand the two-pack getting this superfluous "Obi Strip" to pack 'em together, but not dropping Liner Notes in the other albums is just strange. Hopefully ETR learns from this experience and everybody's gripes and puts together a legit release next time around. I realize you can't please all the people all the time, but it appears that there are only about 100 of his customers that aren't complaining....yet.

I did the same and my sleeves are fine. And you're right about no poly sleeves or liner notes; after almost $15 for just a 10", it's kinda lame to get a bare-bones package. and kind of a petty complaint, but my "white w/ gold haze" looks more like a "vomit splatter on white." oh well.

not saying they're doing things the right way, but they at least listened to you if you asked them to pack the records a certain way. I say this because that's what I did, and they listened. Smite me all you want, but it's the truth.

I don't expect anyone to pack records properly unless I ask them to. Anyone I've dealt with on here can vouch that i ALWAYS ask for opened records to be packed outside the jacket, even though I know all of you know to do this already.

not saying they're doing things the right way, but they at least listened to you if you asked them to pack the records a certain way. I say this because that's what I did, and they listened. Smite me all you want, but it's the truth.

I don't expect anyone to pack records properly unless I ask them to. Anyone I've dealt with on here can vouch that i ALWAYS ask for opened records to be packed outside the jacket, even though I know all of you know to do this already.

Sorry, but that is bullshit. If a label seriously cannot package records, they should not be a record label. I have been ordering vinyl for over 20 years and pretty much every true label I have ordered from has taken care to package their releases halfway decent so that damage does not occur in transit.

If a label doesn't even care if the release gets to you in good shape, do you really think they care about you as a customer?

Sorry, but that is bullshit. If a label seriously cannot package records, they should not be a record label. I have been ordering vinyl for over 20 years and pretty much every true label I have ordered from has taken care to package their releases halfway decent so that damage does not occur in transit.

If a label doesn't even care if the release gets to you in good shape, do you really think they care about you as a customer?

Why is it bullshit that I ask them to do something, especially when it's the same thing I ask of anyone I order/buy records from? I was lucky enough to not have anything be screwed when I ordered the Juliana Theory 3 pack. They didn't come sealed. Felt this was an issue that I should be aware of in the future and took steps on my end, however limited as it is on my end, to ensure nothing happened to my two records in this order.

Again, I even said that I don't think they're doing things the right way. They shouldn't packed EVERY order like mine. That way Patrick isn't out all the time he'll be putting into the new custom sleeves.

Why is it bullshit that I ask them to do something, especially when it's the same thing I ask of anyone I order/buy records from? I was lucky enough to not have anything be screwed when I ordered the Juliana Theory 3 pack. They didn't come sealed. Felt this was an issue that I should be aware of in the future and took steps on my end, however limited as it is on my end, to ensure nothing happened to my two records in this order.

Again, I even said that I don't think they're doing things the right way. They shouldn't packed EVERY order like mine. That way Patrick isn't out all the time he'll be putting into the new custom sleeves.

I should clarify. It is bullshit that you should have to ask a record label to properly package a record for mailing. That shit should just be common sense to a record label.

I should clarify. It is bullshit that you should have to ask a record label to properly package a record for mailing. That shit should just be common sense to a record label.

I agree completely, but i've had my shit come to me damaged so much that it's just a force of habit to ask if I have any question as to whether the record is going to be sealed or not.

Ah well.

I asked a UK shipper to please use a cardboard mailer and they said yes, they do every time. got a damn thin mailer envelope thing. but they did at least put 2 pieces of cardboard inside that to lessen the bending. you don't always get what you ask for from a shipper.

most people that ship vinyl need a lesson in packing records, I've gotten some so poorly packaged it was amazing they weren't damaged. I wish everyone in the world would read the "how to pack a record" thread.

I asked a UK shipper to please use a cardboard mailer and they said yes, they do every time. got a damn thin mailer envelope thing. but they did at least put 2 pieces of cardboard inside that to lessen the bending. you don't always get what you ask for from a shipper.

most people that ship vinyl need a lesson in packing records, I've gotten some so poorly packaged it was amazing they weren't damaged. I wish everyone in the world would read the "how to pack a record" thread.

my pink copy of Boys and Girls in America has a bad split in the top of the jacket because, even after i asked for it not to be, the seller did exactly the opposite of what I asked him to do.

Just 'cause you're paying $40+ for a record doesn't mean you should get it in good condition. Seriously. Asshole.*

*seller who didn't pack properly, not you, deafmx

Use some of the money from the 70 dollar test presses and order new jackets.

Who presses records without ordering extra jackets and labels anyway? What if you did a repress? Would you just order the Pirates Press package all over again?

I'm sure his precious time and hard work spent hammering out a license was only for one pressing. That's obviously the reason for the price and high shipping, because of all those emails and maybe a phone call or two back and forth. It certainly isn't for supplies.