PO: The Starting Line - Two EPs on 10" Vinyl 2/7

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$15.50 if you buy all 6 records from them. Miss the days of VC flat rate shipping, but I guess that's one of the many reasons why Virgil had to run away with the Co-Ops money.

I made the vc board promo code to knock down the shipping cost a bit but i still needa buy tape, mailers, labels, bubble wrap plus pay people to help me package(its already over 300 orders)..no one takes that shit into account, its time and money besides just the price on the sticker

Worst fucking excuse EVER. Just because you need to pack 300 orders doesn't mean you get to charge extra on shipping. There is no reason you should ever charge more than 5 bucks on a couple records. Also, if you added a discount because we think the shipping is too much, how about you fix the shipping instead genius.

bummed I got the 2-pack in my cart....and then said it was sold out...most of these online stores seem to have similar problems, not a computer savy dude, so I'm sure there's a logical reason why all of these different stores seem to have similar issues with shopping carts...but man, it's sure frustrating.

thats because its not feasible to remove 1 from the inventory everytime someone puts it in their cart. Most all the shopping cart software will only remove a product from the database once its PURCHASED. otherwise, if there were 100 available, some dude could just open up 100 windows, and put one copy in their cart in each window and no one could buy one. A lot of places save carts for later, so you can keep adding to it like a wishlist. So it would suck if someone kept a copy in their cart for 6 months, but never bought it, and it kept some other person from ever being able to buy it. For instance, there are currently 674 saved shopping carts in the vinyl junkie website, some are months old. Thats a lot of records i would have to sit on and not sell to anyone else, on the small percentage chance that the original person ever comes back to buy their saved item.

First come first serve.

Although when buying some things at certain online retailers, like tickets to events, when adding something to your cart it takes it away from the inventory but, you have 3-5 mins to complete the transaction or your cart will clear. I think this would be much more appropriate for pre-orders that will sellout day of.

Cant wait to see the shitstorm when this douchenozzle starts selling the at least 25 test presses he got. The rate this is going there will be 5000 test presses that come with a silk screened paper weight with shipping charges of $15 per side because people might actually want to play the record rather than frame it or keep it sealed laying flat on a shelf.

$15.50 if you buy all 6 records from them. Miss the days of VC flat rate shipping, but I guess that's one of the many reasons why Virgil had to run away with the Co-Ops money.

I made the vc board promo code to knock down the shipping cost a bit but i still needa buy tape, mailers, labels, bubble wrap plus pay people to help me package(its already over 300 orders)..no one takes that shit into account, its time and money besides just the price on the sticker

This is hilarious. Might as well be a kickstarter label, there's really no difference.

Also way to take into account that anyone who doesn't spend their life on this board is automatically going to flip or frame the records so they get penalized. Believe it or not there are regular record collectors/listeners out there who don't know about this board.

Man there are so many whining little cocksuckers on this board. The guy gives a discount code, then tells everyone how he is going to take back the orders from people that ordered 15 so other people can get them and all you bitches can do is give him shit. He didn't need to do any of that.

For all of you complaining about the shipping cost, I hope your records get CRUSHED in the mail.

i packed and shipped 150 orders in half a day with my last release.

as have I and it sucks balls and took me the entire day plus the shipping is 5.50 but i gave a 10% vc board code to knock that down for the people on here who arent flippers or kids who are gonna frame em anyway

lol. ya know, i've paid $5.50+ for shipping on one LP from other labels too, so while it seems a tad high, i don't take issue with that. it's whatever.

but oh man. that quote above reads like this: 'wah wah wah running a label is hard work. i don't wanna waste a whole day packing orders cuz that's no fun so i'm gonna charge you guys more to ship them and pay some other guys to pack them for me cuz i'm lazy wah wah'

com'on. at least give a better reason than 'i have a full-time job and it sucks to come home from work and pack records every evening for a week.' if that's the way you feel, then you probably shouldn't be running a label.

Checkout this cockbag's Facebook update: "Ross Shotland:

Another day, Another Dollar...everything happens for a reason and today was truly an example of that"

He likely wrote that because this is the first time he's broke even with his costs when releasing something, it's rewarding for all the effort he put into it.

He likely wrote that because this is the first time he's broke even with his costs when releasing something, it's rewarding for all the effort he put into it.

Lol at "all the effort".

He has sent some emails and made some phone calls to license the records and get them pressed.

The records then come completely packaged from Pirates Press and he is crying about the time it is going to take him to pack orders and how he is going to hire someone to do it.

He doesn't know the first thing about effort.

Lol at "all the effort".

He has sent some emails and made some phone calls to license the records and get them pressed.

The records then come completely packaged from Pirates Press and he is crying about the time it is going to take him to pack orders and how he is going to hire someone to do it.

He doesn't know the first thing about effort.

while i agree with the above post wholeheartedly, people still speak with their money. Even though lots of people come out of the woodwork to bitch and complain, its obvious that a lot of them turn right around and hand over a lot of money to buy multiple copies!

if you dont like it, dont pay for it. and as long as there are hundreds of kids lining up to fork over the money, it cant be all that bad.

he is obviously providing a service that a lot of people are willing to pay for. so why hate?

on the other hand, i could go into a long old guy jaded rant about how kids idea of what running a label entails has really changed over the years thanks to kickstarter, pre-orders, complete packages from pirates press, label "staff", licensing/re-releases.

but i wont.

i'm curious because i've seen a lot of people complaining, what is so bad about complete packages from pirates press?

It's not really complaining. It's just that most people that put out records assemble them by hand, and don't complain about how much work it is. When I was involved in putting out a record with a pressing of 500, we sat around and drank beer for a couple hours and put everything together. It was no sweat off anyone's back.

It takes time to put out a record obviously, which is why you shouldn't put out records if you're going to whine about it and overcharge on shipping to pay yourself. The shipping on a single record here is at least $1 overpriced, moreso I would imagine unless this guy didn't buy shipping supplies thriftily. So assuming one person can pack 10 orders in an hour, which is on the slow side, that person is getting paid $10 an hour to pack records. $15 shipping for the 6 pack is just absurd.

I think the pirates press question above is similar to "what is so bad about walmart?"

Not dissing anyone or anything, but it is one of those arguments where some people just think it was/is better to not have to buy gas, t-shirts, bread, and a vacuum cleaner all at the same place. At least that is how I would assume the opinions of pirates press are what they are. Some people love walmart, some people hate it.

This was probably a horrible analogy but made sense to me.

Edit: or just read what "ryan" wrote. I do not see the problem grabbing a few beers and listening to some music and enjoying packing records you worked hard to put out. I work an 8-5 but it sounds enjoyable to me to come home and work on something I had a part in creating. Idk call me crazy.